This 4th of July, the Raleigh tradition continues with an Independence Day celebration at the State Capitol, 1 E. Edenton Street, Raleigh. It will take place Thursday, July 4th, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This is a free event that includes:
- Musical performances, including a concert by Raleigh Concert Band
- Carriage rides
- Hands-on activities for kids
- Sign your name with a quill pen
- Pie the Redcoat or King George III
- Dress up like a Revolutionary-era citizen
- Outdoor naturalization ceremony at noon on the Capitol’s east grounds
- A reading of the Declaration of Independence
- FREE birthday cake at 1 p.m., while it lasts
- Food for sale from Kona Ice and Notorious DOG food truck
- Self-guided tours of the Capitol
More 4th of July celebrations in the Triangle
See the big list of 4th of July celebrations in the Triangle, or consult this day-by-day list.