Got to be NC Festival will offer “three great days of down-home celebration North Carolina-style” May 17th, 2019, through May 19th.
Festival Gate Hours
- Friday: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
It takes place at North Carolina State Fairgrounds, 1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh. There is no general public parking inside the gates on the Fairgrounds during the Festival. All parking is located off Trinity Rd. There will be a free shuttle from Carter-Finley Stadium to Gate 9 during the peak hours of 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Saturday and Noon – 7 p.m. on Sunday.
Building and Exhibit Hours
- Friday: Noon – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday: Noon – 10 p.m.*
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.*
- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
*May extend for one hour based on attendance
- Friday: 9:15 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:15 p.m.
- Friday: Purchase from Noon to 9 p.m., good all day for unlimited rides
- Sunday: Purchase from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., good all day for unlimited rides
Admission and parking are free and so is most of the entertainment, which includes:
- Fireworks Friday and Saturday nights
- Antique Farm Equipment
- Carolina Pig Jig
- Homegrown Marketplace
- Free family entertainment
- Cowboy circus
- Feeder pigs
- Garden tractor & lawnmower pull
- Antique tractor pull
- Heritage arts corner
- Kids’ pedal tractor pull
- Kidz Corral
- Lauryn Zepeda with Gringo the Trick Pony
- Oscar the Robot
- Pig Patch Birthing Center
- Pig races
- Sand sculpture
- Soap Bubble Circus
Some of the activities do have a fee, but they are clearly marked on the website:
- Carnival Rides and Games
- Food from Independent Vendors
- Food Lion Local Goodness Marketplace (Local food, wine & beer vendors) – $3 adult admission
- Pony Rides
- State Fair Flyer – $5 one-way and $8 round-trip
- Masonic Carolina Pig Jig – $15 adults (11 and up), $5 ages 7-10, 6 and under are FREE More Upcoming Festivals
Music Schedule at Got to be NC Festival
Friday, May 17:
- 3 p.m.: Russ Thompson (blues, folk)
- 4:30 p.m.: Jon Shain (piedmont blues, bluegrass, swing)
- 6 p.m.: The Gospel Jubilators (a cappella gospel jubilee singing)
- 7:30 p.m.: The Roman Spring (cinematic Americana)
Saturday, May 18:
- 3 p.m.: Africa Unlugged (world music with funky, soulful blues)
- 4:30 p.m.: Janxx (electronica singer/songwriter)
- 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.: Four Founders (blues, funk, southern rock)
Sunday, May 19:
- 1:15 p.m. and 2:45 p.m.: SandBox (music for kids)
- 4:15 p.m.: Wake & District (Pipe & drum band)
- 5:45 p.m.: Paige Johnson (country singer/songwriter)
Saturday, May 18th
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Black River Express
- Cuttin’ Grass
- Gabrielle Long & the Carolina Switchgrass
- Hazy Ridge Bluegrass Band
- Hotwax and the Splinters
- Oak City Spring Band
- One Fret Over