Shakori Hills Community Arts Center, 1439 Henderson Tanyard Road, Pittsboro, is hosting a drive-through haunted trail this October.
Haunted Hills Terror Drive takes place October 2, 3, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30, and 31, 2020, from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Tickets are $35/car for October 2, 3, 9, and 10, and $45/car for the remaining dates. You can have as many passengers as your vehicle can safely accommodate with a seatbelt.
You might also be interested in another drive-through haunt event, this one in Oxford: Granville Haunt Farm.
Also, check out our big list of haunted trails, corn mazes, pumpkin patches and more in the Triangle.
Facts about Haunted Hills Terror Drive
- Haunted Hills Terror Drive is a fun, and safe, drive-through entertainment experience, at night, on a gravel road through the wooded grounds of Shakori Hills Community Arts Center.
- The experience actually starts prior to your arrival, as all ticket holders will be provided with a link to a downloadable, 10 minute audio file, which will provide the Legend of Haunted Hills. This creepy introduction helps set the scene for what you will see upon arrival.
- The slow (3mph max), and safe, drive-through experience involves lighting, special effects, local actors and actresses, props, scene sets and audio. It will take approximately 10-12 minutes to complete once your ticket is validated.
- None of the performers will ever run toward you, and there is nothing during the experience that will “startle” anyone. The experience is designed to be spooky, creepy and eerie – but not to cause anyone to panic.
- Cars will be spaced apart by at least 100 feet as they drive through, and there will be spooky traffic monitors throughout the approximately 3/4 mile drive to help manage traffic flow, and assure safety protocols are followed.
- None of the staff, including the actors and traffic monitors, will ever touch you or your vehicle. Likewise, visitors are NOT permitted to exit their vehicle, nor may they touch any of the staff, at any point during the drive.
- One ticket permits one passenger vehicle – you may have as many people in your vehicle as it will safely accommodate, but ALL riders in your passenger vehicle need to be in their own seat with a buckled seat belt. The more people in your vehicle, the lower the cost per person.
- Note that tickets are ONLY sold online – if you show up to Haunted Hills without a pre-purchased online ticket, they will have to turn you away.
- 25+ Farmers Markets in the Triangle
- Fall Festivals in the Triangle
- Scenic drives for fall color in the mountains and the Triangle
- Trick or Treat and Trunk or Treat in the Triangle
- Halloween events in the Triangle
- Where to pick your own produce in the Triangle
- Subscribing to Triangle on the Cheap's email list
- Haunted trails, corn mazes, pumpkin patches and more fall fun in the Triangle
- Free and cheap things to do this week in the Triangle
Upcoming Events in the TriangleCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Friday, June 9, 2023
Saturday, June 10, 2023
Sunday, June 11, 2023
Shakori Hills Community Arts Center, Pittsboro
1439 Henderson Tanyard Road