Dorothea Dix Park, 2105 Umstead Drive, Raleigh, is hosting a growing number of diverse activities, for both adults and kids. Many of the events are free. Also, many require pre-registration. Follow the links to register.
Find all upcoming events at dorotheadixpark.org/calendar.
The main, large dog area has been divided in two. This will allow for our park maintenance team to close a portion of the dog park so the turf can rest and regrow while leaving the remainder of the dog park open – eliminating the need for monthly closures of the entire facility.
The off-leash area at Dix Park is the only grass dog park in the Raleigh Parks system.
Visiting the Dix Dog Park? Know Before You Go:
- Open seven days-a-week, sunrise to sunset
- Expect short closures on Wednesday mornings for mowing
- Weekday parking is located at 900 Palmer Drive
- All City of Raleigh Dog Park Rules apply
- Pick up after your dogs. Waste bags are available
- Be sure to bring water for yourself and your pups
- Port-a-john and hand washing station are available
- Dogs are required to be on-leash in all other areas of Dix Park
10 Things to do right now at Dix Park
Here are the 9 ways that you can enjoy Dix Park right now. This list is from an email from Dix Park:
- Use the greenway to Ride your Bike to the park
- Take a Walk through the beautiful grounds
- Enjoy the best Skyline Views of downtown Raleigh
- Fly a Kite or Drone at the Big Field
- Go for a Run on paths or grass around campus
- Hop on a Citrix Cycle and take a ride around the park (wipe down bike before and after ride)
- Sit a Spell on a park bench or blanket and Read a Book
- Bring your binoculars for Bird Watching
- Pack a Picnic or enjoy a carry-out meal from a local restaurant
- Bring your pup to the dog park!
Future Events at Dix Park
Enjoy the nature and tranquility of Dorothea Dix Park as certified yoga instructor, Dana Lindquist leads you through yoga poses to increase strength and flexibility. All fitness levels are welcome!
Bring a yoga mat, if you have one, a towel and a filled water bottle. Water is not available in the park. There are port-a-johns available, but they may be a significant walk from the yoga location.
1st + 3rd Wednesdays: Gentle Flow Yoga
2nd + 4th Wednesdays: Yin Yoga—Meditative, Deep Stretch
This program is free to the public thanks to Dix Park Conservancy donors.
Williams Field at Dix Park, corner of Blair Drive and Umstead Drive. Nearest building address is 101 Blair Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603.
Registration is strongly encouraged. In case of inclement weather, they will email all registered participants. The minimum age is 12 years old and minors must be accompanied by an adult.