Dix Park is hosting a family drive-in movie on Saturday, April 24th, 2021. It will take place on the Big Field. The address for that is 101 Blair Drive, Raleigh.
The movie will be Coco.
The event schedule:
- 7 p.m.: Event gates open
- 8 pm.: Coco begins
- 9:50 p.m.: Movie and event ends
Food trucks will be available at the event for online ordering.
Tickets are FREE but you must reserve a ticket for your vehicle. They go “on sale” Friday, April 16th, 2021, at 12 p.m. You can probably expect tickets to go quickly, so mark your calendar.
Read on for a synopsis of the movie and some more details about the event.
Despite his family’s baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector, and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel’s family history.
- Tickets are only available in advance online. Tickets are free.
- One ticket is required per vehicle due to the limited number of vehicle spaces available, make sure to have ticket confirmation to show at the event.
- This event is free thanks to Dix Park Conservancy donors and presented in partnership with NCSU Parks Recreation and Tourism Management – Special Events Planning Course.
- Attendees must be in a vehicle to attend the event. No walk-ins or bikes will be permitted.
- Attendees must remain in their vehicles and/or designated parking space during the event unless to use restroom facilities or purchase food at food trucks.
- Vehicles will enter and exit the soccer fields area through a marked entrance. Event staff will check tickets for each vehicle at entrance point.
- Event audio will be streamed via a FM transmitter that will allow people to listen to audio on their vehicle radio. Speakers will also broadcast audio for attendees to hear outside of vehicles.
- Portable restrooms will be available. Attendees are encouraged use the restroom before attending the event.
Food Truck Information
- Magnificent Concessions, Hole Mole, and King’s County Flavor will be present at the drive-in movie. Please plan to order from these vendors to support these businesses.
- All food truck purchasing is ONLINE ONLY. No walk up purchasing will be permitted.
- ORDER HERE: streetfoodfinder.com/DixPark
- Once you place your online order your food will be delivered to your vehicle. Make note of the space number you are parked in as you will need that information to order. The space number is painted in the bottom left corner of your space.