UPDATE: This event is no longer taking place.
The Treeist, at 607 N Carolina Hwy 54 W, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, is a tree service company that also offers tree-related classes on its property, such as tree climbing, rope splicing, saw safety and maintenance and nature inspired artwork.
In addition it offers a FREE weekly fitness class, Tree Fit Club, every Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m.
This is a full body workout!
Did you know we keep a big list of free fitness opportunities in the Triangle? The list includes yoga, bootcamps, group hikes and more, and we update it every day!
Tree Fit Club is led by David Ricks. It’s a drop-in class. No need to register.
- You will be climbing (legs, arms, core)
- You will be using a large cross cut saw (back, arms)
- You will be splitting wood with an axe and/or maul (back, arms, legs)
- You will be moving sleds filled with logs (legs)
- You will be flipping logs (back, legs)
If there is a weather-related cancellation, they’ll post on their Instagram page.
These classes are designed for ages 17 and up.
You’ll need to sign a physical copy of the waiver. Some risks involve:
- Cutting and splitting tools (axes and mauls)
- Handling large and small ropes
Proper personal protective equipment will be provided.
Bring & Wear:
- Water and snacks
- Closed toe shoes (ideally a hiking-type shoe that covers your ankle)
- Clothing that can move with you (fitness, yoga, hiking, workout, etc.)
If you have questions, please email David@TheTreeist.com.
More Free Fitness Opportunities
Check out our big list of free fitness opportunities in the Triangle, or take a quick list here: