Drive-in movies are a favorite tradition for many families, and with so many other forms of entertainment unavailable at the moment, they are experiencing a surge of interest across the country.
Raleigh Road Outdoor Theatre is located 3336 Raleigh Road, in Henderson, about 40 minutes from both Raleigh and Durham, and just 23 miles from Wake Forest.
It’s North Carolina’s oldest operating drive-in movie theatre, and one of only six in the state.
It shows movies every weekend of the year, and in the summer it shows movies every single night.
Tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for kids age 3-11. Kids under 3 are free. You can purchase tickets in advance online, and it’s probably a good idea to do that.
Gates open at 7 p.m. and the movie starts at dusk.
Sometimes there is entertainment before the movie, like live music or a laser show, and they also host other events, like holiday events for kids and concerts.
Look for updates on Raleigh Road’s Facebook page.
If you’re in the southern part of the Triangle, you might want to know that Hubb’s Farm in Clinton is presenting drive-in movies once a week!
Raleigh Road Outdoor Theatre Schedule
- July 9: Dirty Dancing, Grease
- July 10: The Empire Strikes Back, Spaceballs
- July 11: Inside Out, Black Panther
- July 12: Black Panther, Men in Black
- July 13: E.T., Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- July 14: Space Jam, Black Panther
- July 15: Grease, Dirty Dancing
- July 16: The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark
Some rules at Raleigh Road Outdoor Theatre
To make the drive-in movie a safe experience for everyone right now, Raleigh Road has instituted some rules.
- As always, please park your vehicle close to the white poles. You can back in or pull into the spot. Sedans only Rows 1 & 2. Crossover and smaller SUVs/mini vans in rows 3 & 4. Rows 5 and back for larger 4×4 trucks/SUVs. Rows 7-9 conversion vans and very large SUV/trucks.
- Please remain in or by your vehicle while watching the movies. Concession stand and bathrooms are open and the grass area in front of the screen is open. Social distancing is in effect at all areas of the theatre. If sitting outside your vehicle, please put chairs/blanket in front or behind your vehicle (between your vehicle & the big screen).
- As always, everyone will be handed a brochure with our menu at ticket booth. You can order cooked food from your vehicle using our online system (instructions included in brochure). When ordering from the concession window, please be prepared with order to keep line moving quickly as possible
- If ordering food or using the restrooms, limit 1 away from the vehicle at a time. (exceptions for parent accompanying children or people needing assistance). Please wait in vehicle until paged or texted to pick up food.
- Until further notice, they will NOT be offering refills on drinks or popcorn.
- Lot attendants will keep lines to a minimum (approx. 10 people). You may be asked to return to your car until the line subsides.
- Play area for the kids is shut down until further notice. They are opening the grassy area in front of the screen/stage.
- For the next few weeks, homemade and store-bought snacks will be allowed. Food and beverages from other restaurants will NOT be allowed. (NOTE: Allowing outside snacks might not still be in effect.)
Upcoming Events in the Triangle -- both virtual and in-person
Thursday, July 9, 2020
Friday, July 10, 2020
Saturday, July 11, 2020
Sunday, July 12, 2020
Monday, July 13, 2020
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Thursday, July 16, 2020
Friday, July 17, 2020
Saturday, July 18, 2020
Sunday, July 19, 2020
Monday, July 20, 2020
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Wednesday, July 22, 2020