The Department of Music presents the NC State orchestras and choirs with the Concert Singers of Cary, performing the world premiere of a new work by composer Lisa Bielawa entirely in virtual reality on a digital Brickyard built by the NC State University Libraries.
The event takes place Thursday, November 12th, 2020, at 6 p.m. It’s free, and no registration is required. Go here to find the link on Thursday evening.
On premiere night, join NC State Department of Music faculty Peter Askim, director of orchestral studies, and Nathan Leaf, director of choral activities, and composer Lisa Bielawa for a live, online panel discussion.
You’ll then enter the virtual reality (VR) Brickyard environment built by the NC State University Libraries to experience the world premiere of Brickyard Broadcast, performed by the NC State orchestras (Raleigh Civic Symphony and Raleigh Civic Chamber Orchestra), the NC State choirs (State Chorale, Vox Accalia and Singing Statesmen), and the Concert Singers of Cary.
Following your experience of the performance, join Askim, Leaf and Bielawa again for a question and answer session.
Brickyard Broadcast Creative Team
- Lisa Bielawa, Composer and Producer
- Dr. Peter Askim, Director of Orchestral Studies, NC State University Department of Music
- Dr. Nathan Leaf, Director of Choral Activities, NC State University Department of Music
- Jason Evans Groth, Digital Media Librarian, NC State University Libraries
- Colin Keenan, University Libraries Specialist, NC State University Libraries
- Kyle Langdon, University Library Specialist and Audio Engineer, NC State University Libraries
- Colin Moore, Operations Coordinator, NC State University Department of Music
- Ian Boyd, NC State University Library Specialist
- Sarah Hassan, NC State University Libraries Pentair Fellow