North Carolina Museum of Art is presenting an outdoor movie series summer of 2023. Most of the movies are free for museum members, and $7 (plus fees, for a total of $9.65) for non-members. Tickets for children ages 6 and under are also free, but you still need to reserve a ticket for them.
Learn about outdoor movies throughout the Triangle!
Tickets are sold in advance. If the movie isn’t sold out you may purchase tickets at the gate, using a QR code.
The movies, which take place at the Joseph M. Bryan, Jr. Theater in the Museum Park, are scheduled to start at 8:30 p.m. and gates open an hour before start time.
Please bring blankets and folding chairs for lawn seating. Please don’t bring pets, alcohol, glass containers, knives, tables or wagons.
Schedule for NCMA Outdoor Movie Series
- June 23, 2023: Turning Red
- July 7, 2023: Grease
- July 8, 2023: Dirty Dancing
- July 14, 2023: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- July 22, 2023: The Banshees of Inisherin
- August 4, 2023: Slumdog Millionaire
- August 12, 2023: Everything Everywhere All at Once
- August 17, 2023: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish
- August 26, 2023: In the Heights
Food and Drink at NCMA Outdoor Movie Series
Picnics in the Park are available to pre-order. The picnics are for two or four people, and include sandwiches, salads, sides and drinks. The baskets will be available for pickup on-site when gates open.
In addition, concessions will be available for purchase at the events.
You can’t bring in any food or drink, except for factory-sealed plastic water bottles and empty refillable water bottles.
- Visitors with wheelchairs or limited mobility may be dropped off in the circular Plaza near
the entry gates or park in an accessible parking space. Seating is available until the rest
of their party reaches the gates through the line.
- Wheelchair seating and wheelchair-accessible restrooms are available.
- There are some screenings where audio description is available. There are also some
screenings with captions available. Screenings with these services are posted on NCMA’s
- Free parking is available on campus in lots along Blue Ridge Road and close to the main
- Accessible parking is available in the Plaza between East and West buildings and
behind West Building.
- Campus parking may not be sufficient to accommodate everyone on sold-out movie
nights. Once all parking spaces on the NCMA campus are filled, security staff will allow
only cars with accessible parking permits and taxi/ride-share drop-offs through the main
- If the entrance is closed when you arrive, please use concert parking on Reedy Creek
Road across from the NCMA.
- Taxi and ride-share app drivers should make an immediate left after entering the
campus and follow signage for drop-off, so riders can find the end of the line. (Please
note: taxi and ride-share app dropoff is no longer located in the circular Plaza near the
entry gates.) At the end of the movie, please use the Plaza outside the entry gate for all
taxi and ride-share app pickups.
- After the film the lots can be congested. Please allow time to exit the grounds and be
mindful of pedestrians. Note that there are three exits.
More Outdoor Movies in the Triangle
Learn all about outdoor movies in the Triangle, or take a quick look at some of the upcoming outdoor concerts here: