Selma Railroad Days, entering its 44th year, takes place the first weekend in October every year, and celebrates everything that is Selma.
Selma is in Johnston County, about 31 miles southeast of Raleigh.
There are events on Friday, October 4th, and Saturday, October 5th, 2019.
On Saturday you’ll find:
- Live entertainment on two stages
- Food vendors
- Kids Zone with bounce houses and activities
Here are some highlights, but make sure to check out the Selma Railroad Days website for updates.
Friday, October 4, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Model Train Display at Selma Historic Union Depot
- 5:00 p.m. – Selma Firefighters Association BBQ Cook-Off begins. On Selma F.D. grounds at the corner of Webb and Waddell Streets
- 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Chew Chew Food Truck Rodeo corner of Webb and Waddell Streets–live music by She’s Buyin’.
Saturday, October 5, 2019
- 7:00 a.m. – Selma Firefighters Association BBQ Cook-Off judging begins. On Selma F.D. grounds at the corner of Webb and Waddell Streets. Plates for sale immediately following judging.
- 8:30 a.m. – Selma Railroad Run presented by the My Kid’s Club of Johnston County
- 9:00 a.m. – Model Train Display Opens (Selma Historic Union Depot)
- 10:00 a.m. – Smithfield Sign Design Mascot Race — (In front of Town Hall on Raiford Street) — Watch your favorite area mascots from local schools, businesses and restaurants compete in a 100-yard dash in full costume. Should be a real treat to watch!
- 10:30 a.m. – Selma Railroad Day Parade Begins
- 11:00 a.m. – Kids Zone Opens (Railroad and Raiford Streets)
$5 unlimited bounce wristband
- 12:00 p.m. Selma Railroad Day Festival Opening Ceremonies (Main Stage)
- 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Live Entertainment on 2 stages (see below for stage schedules)
- 12:45 p.m. & 6:45 p.m. – The Rudy Theater Presents the Country Music Jubilee Show Live@ The Rudy
- All Day (9:00a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) – Vendors, Tommy the Train Rides, Model Train Display, Tour the Caboose at the Depot and much, much more!
Live Entertainment on 2 Different Stages on Saturday
Main Stage – Located Near Mitchener Station on Railroad Street
- 12:00 PM – 3:00PM Rivermist Band
- 12:00 PM Studio M Danceworks
- 12:30 PM Baker School of Dance
- 1:00 PM Nick’s Flippin Kids
- 2:00 PM Tippy Toes Dance Studio
- 2:30 PM Sassy Feet Dance Troupe
- 3:00 PM 3 Dancing Sisters & Co.
- 3:30 PM Peyton Herring, Little Miss Princess of North Carolina
More upcoming festivals