Selma Railroad Days is a festival that takes place the first weekend in October every year, and celebrates everything that is Selma.
Selma is in Johnston County, about 31 miles southeast of Raleigh.
Fall is looking great around the Triangle, whether you’re looking for something spooky or totally kid-friendly! Check out our HUGE list of fall festivals, as well as our list of pumpkin patches, haunted trails and corn mazes! We have also put together a big list of Halloween events and Trick or Treat events!
There are events on Friday, October 1st, and Saturday, October 2nd, 2021.
On Friday, the hours are 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., and on Saturday, the hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The festival features
- Live entertainment on two stages
- Food vendors
- Kids Zone with bounce houses and activities
- Railroad Days Parade 10:30 a.m. Saturday
- Mascot Race will precede parade
- Model Train Display both days at Selma Historic Union Depot Train Station
- Hollering contest Saturday at 1 p.m. Register at Town Hall from 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Here are some highlights, but make sure to check out the Selma Railroad Days website for updates.
Railroad Days on Friday
- Five food trucks
- Selma Firefighters Association BBQ Cookoff ($5 to taste and judge all the BBQ)
- Live music by Kendrix Singletary
Railroad Days on Saturday
- 9 a.m.: Vendors set up
- 10 a.m.: Food trucks open
- 11 a.m.: Kids Zone Inflatables ($5 unlimited bounce wristband)
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Rivermist Band on the main stage
- 12 pm. to 5 p.m.: The Activate Selma Community Stage
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.: The Stingrayz Band on the main stage
Check out a big list of summer festivals in the Triangle, or take a quick look at a few here:
Monday, July 4, 2022
Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Saturday, July 9, 2022
Sunday, July 10, 2022
Saturday, July 16, 2022
Friday, July 22, 2022
Saturday, July 23, 2022
Sunday, July 24, 2022
Saturday, July 30, 2022
Saturday, August 6, 2022
Saturday, August 13, 2022
Saturday, August 20, 2022
Saturday, August 27, 2022
Sunday, August 28, 2022