Selma Railroad Days is a festival that takes place the first weekend in October every year, and celebrates everything that is Selma.
Selma is in Johnston County, about 31 miles southeast of Raleigh.
Fall is looking great around the Triangle, whether you’re looking for something spooky or totally kid-friendly! Check out our HUGE list of fall festivals, as well as our list of pumpkin patches, haunted trails and corn mazes!
There are events on Friday, October 1st, and Saturday, October 2nd, 2021.
On Friday, the hours are 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., and on Saturday, the hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The festival features
- Live entertainment on two stages
- Food vendors
- Kids Zone with bounce houses and activities
- Railroad Days Parade 10:30 a.m. Saturday
- Mascot Race will precede parade
- Model Train Display both days at Selma Historic Union Depot Train Station
- Hollering contest Saturday at 1 p.m. Register at Town Hall from 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Here are some highlights, but make sure to check out the Selma Railroad Days website for updates.
Railroad Days on Friday
- Five food trucks
- Selma Firefighters Association BBQ Cookoff ($5 to taste and judge all the BBQ)
- Live music by Kendrix Singletary
Railroad Days on Saturday
- 9 a.m.: Vendors set up
- 10 a.m.: Food trucks open
- 11 a.m.: Kids Zone Inflatables ($5 unlimited bounce wristband)
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Rivermist Band on the main stage
- 12 pm. to 5 p.m.: The Activate Selma Community Stage
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.: The Stingrayz Band on the main stage
Learn all about some of the Triangle’s fall festivals, or look at a quick list here:
Friday, September 24, 2021
Saturday, September 25, 2021
Sunday, September 26, 2021
Friday, October 1, 2021
Saturday, October 2, 2021
Sunday, October 3, 2021
Saturday, October 9, 2021
Sunday, October 10, 2021
Friday, October 15, 2021
Saturday, October 16, 2021
Thursday, October 21, 2021
Saturday, October 23, 2021
Saturday, October 30, 2021
Sunday, October 31, 2021
Saturday, November 6, 2021
Friday, November 19, 2021
Saturday, November 20, 2021