On Saturday, November 5th, 2022, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Liberty Arts will be holding their 6th Annual Iron Pour in the middle of Durham Central Park, 501 Foster Street, Durham.
It’s free to watch this, and it’s amazing. Please RSVP on the Eventbrite page.
They’ll be pouring 4,000 pounds of molten iron (3,000 degrees!) into molds.
Fall is looking great around the Triangle, whether you’re looking for something spooky or totally kid-friendly! Check out our HUGE list of fall festivals, as well as our list of pumpkin patches, haunted trails and corn mazes! We have also put together a big list of Halloween events and Trick or Treat events!
Think of it as a “gritty ballet where all the dancers are decked out in helmets and head-to-toe in leathers, dancing around a roaring furnace and pouring red hot metal into molds.”
Schedule of Iron Pour
- 4 p.m.: The pour team lights the furnace
- 4:15 p.m.: Batala Durham will perform their first set
- 4:45 p.m.: Paperhand Puppet Intervention Parade
- 5:15 p.m.: The First pour, followed by Batala’s second set
- 7 p.m.: Kokoflo, featuring Dope Goats Fire Performance
The iron pour is an art, not just a science, and things can change throughout the evening. Go with the flow…just like the molten metal!
Food & Beverage Vendors
- Mesas NC
- La Republica
- Ethio Indi
- Glass Jug
- RCV Cheesecakes
In addition, the event includes:
- Drumming performances from Batalá Durham
- Fire breathers
- Kid-friendly activities
- Local food trucks
- Craft beer
- Liberty art artists’ work for sale
- Liberty Arts t-shirts
- Beer glasses for sale
- Hand-blown glass pumpkins for sale
Those who participated in the Scratch Block classes at the Foundry will get to watch their molds filled with molten iron.