The Ujima Group, Inc. in partnership with the Town of Cary will host its 24th annual Kwanzaa Celebration at the Cary Arts Center, 101 Dry Avenue, on Friday, December 28th, 2018, from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
This is a free event.
The theme for this year’s celebration is “Working to Build A Kind and Just World.”
- 11:15 a.m.: percussionist Bradley Simmons
- Fashion show under the direction of Phylicia Nicole Barker
- 1:30 p.m.: Collage Dance Company
- 2:30 p.m.: Vocalist Shannon Grier
- 3 p.m.: The piano and flute duo of Elmer Gibson and Lori Barmer
- 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Vendor market and children’s village (hands-on arts & crafts activities)
- 1 p.m.: The traditional Kwanzaa ceremony with libation, candle lighting, and Harambee Circle