Garner has announced that it will be holding its Independence Day celebration on Sunday, July 3rd, 2022, at Lake Benson Park, 921 Buffaloe Road, Garner, 5 to 10 p.m.
This is one of many 4th of July fireworks displays in the Triangle.
The headlining performance will be by the North Carolina Symphony. Enjoy delicious food while the kids play in the Kids Zone featuring activities such as games and crafts. After the concert there will be a fireworks show.
Gates will open at 5 p.m. Parking on site is free on a first-come, first-served basis. A free shuttle service from South Garner High School will also be provided.
In preparation for our July 3 celebration, Lake Benson Park will be closed to vehicles Thursday, June 30 – Sunday, July 3 at 5pm. Trails and park amenities will remain open with parking across the street at White Deer Park.
The following are prohibited: pets, alcoholic beverages, tents/canopies, fireworks/sparklers, glass containers, grills, tailgating, drones.
- Food Vendors (applications were due by May 8, all spots have been filled)
- Kids Zone (free)
- Garner Veterans Memorial Tours (5:30-7:30pm)
- Performance by Joe Brown and the Band (5:30-7:45pm)
- Performance by the NC Symphony (8:30pm)
- Fireworks immediately following the symphony performance.
- Off-site parking will be available at South Garner High School (8228 Hebron Church Road).
- Shuttles services are free and will begin at 5pm.
- The last shuttle to Lake Benson Park will be at 8:45pm.
- Shuttles will not operate during the fireworks show. Operations will resume at the conclusion of the fireworks to carry spectators back to South Garner High School.
More 4th of July Events in the Triangle
Read about all the July 4th fireworks, celebrations and parades in the Triangle. Or look at a quick list here: