Garner has announced that it will be holding its Independence Day celebration on Monday, July 3, 2023, at Lake Benson Park, 921 Buffaloe Road, Garner, 5 to 10 p.m.
This is one of many 4th of July fireworks displays in the Triangle.
The headlining performance will be by the North Carolina Symphony. Enjoy delicious food while the kids play in the Kids Zone featuring activities such as games and crafts. After the concert there will be a fireworks show.
- Gates open at 5pm
- Food Vendors | 5:00-9:30pm, for purchase
- Kids’ Zone with games & inflatables | 5:00-8:00pm, free
- Playground | 5:00-8:00pm, free
- Garner Veterans Memorial Tours | 5:30-7:30pm, free
- CJ Baker Band performance | 5:15-7:45pm, free
- NC Symphony performance | 8:30-9:30pm, free
- Fireworks immediately following the symphony performance | approx. 9:30pm
- Boy Scout Troop 39
- Community Navigators Community Builders
- Knights of Columbus
- Garner PAAL with Moonrunners
- Garner Sports League with Pelicans Snoballs
- Miss Garner Scholarship Organization
- Garner PAAL with Moonrunners
- Blu Tee Spoon
- Funnel Queens
- Hot Chix Hotcakes and Chicken
- JAM Ice Cream and Shaved Ice
- Mr. C’s Funnel Cakes
- Party in a Pita
- Poblanos Tacos
- Pop N’ Tyme Kettle Corn
On July 3 the Garner Police Department will be closing Buffaloe Road (between Aversboro Road and Highway 50) at 5:00pm to all through traffic. Officers will be posted at each end of Buffaloe Road allowing residents and their guests access to the affected neighborhoods during the street closure.
At approximately 8:45pm, the Garner Police Department will close Aversboro Road from Timber Drive to all southbound traffic to prepare for the conclusion of the event.
In preparation for the July 3rd celebration, Lake Benson Park will be closed to vehicles June 29 through July 2; trails and park amenities will remain open with parking across the street at White Deer Park.
On July 3rd Lake Benson Park will be closed to all vehicles and foot traffic until gates open at 5:00pm for the event.
White Deer Park will be closed the entire day on July 3 to both vehicles and all foot traffic.
The following are prohibited: pets, alcoholic beverages, tents/canopies, fireworks/sparklers, glass containers, grills, tailgating, drones.
Parking and Shuttles
- Parking on site at Lake Benson Park (921 Buffaloe Rd, Garner, NC 27529) is free on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A free shuttle service starting at 5pm from South Garner High School (8228 Hebron Church Rd, Garner, NC 27529) will be provided. The last pick-up from South Garner High School will be at 8:45pm. Shuttles will pause operation during the fireworks show and will resume at the conclusion of the fireworks to carry spectators back to South Garner High School.
- Handicap designated parking will be available at Lake Benson Park and South Garner High School for those with a tag.
- All Uber/Lyft drop offs & pick-ups must be done at the Shuttle drop off/pick-up point (126 Bonica Creek Dr, Garner, NC 27529). Uber/Lyft drivers will be permitted to use the clo
More 4th of July Events in the Triangle
Read about all the July 4th fireworks, celebrations and parades in the Triangle. Or look at a quick list here: