Music Maker Relief Foundation’s Freight Train Blues Concert Series is returning as a live concert series in 2022.
It will take place on Friday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., from May 13th to June 10th, 2022, at Carrboro Town Commons, 301 West Main Street, Carrboro, NC.
This is a free concert series. Food and beer will be available for purchase.
Check out our huge day-by-day list of outdoor concerts in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and the rest of the Triangle.
Freight Train Blues 2022 Lineup
- May 13 – Harvey Dalton Arnold and Hermon Hitson
- May 20 – Sacred Soul of North Carolina Revue feat. The Glorifying Vines Sisters, James Barrett and the Golden Jubilees, Bishop Albert Harrison and the Gospel Tones, The Johnsonaires and a Tribute to the Weaver Gospel Singers
- May 27 – The Branchettes and Hard Drive
- June 3 – Joe Troop with Larry Bellorín and La Banda de los Guanajuatenses
- June 10 – Music Maker Blues Revue feat. Gail Caesar, Tad Walters, and Lil’ Jimmy Reed
The music series, which highlights blues and roots music, celebrates the life and legacy of Piedmont blues legend, Elizabeth ‘Libba’ Cotten, born in 1893 in Carrboro, NC. Cotten’s style was unique and highly regarded by many musicians.
In 1984, Elizabeth Cotten won a Grammy award for Best Ethnic or Traditional Recording.
Although it’s free to watch, please consider donating to Music Maker Relief Foundation, which helps musicians.
Since 1994, Music Maker Relief Foundation has helped over 500 musicians and given over 12,000 artist grants. Through its Sustenance Program, elderly roots musicians living in poverty are given critical support in the way of monthly grants and emergency funding when needed.
More Outdoor Music in the Triangle
Learn all about outdoor music in the Triangle, including a description of the concert series, and a 90-day calendar, or take a quick look at some of the upcoming outdoor concerts here: