Fest in the West is a free community celebration on Saturday, May 5th, 2018, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at USA Baseball Training Complex, Thomas Brooks Park, 7445 Green Hope School Road, Cary.
Fest in the West is presented by Cary Citizen in partnership with Town of Cary.
The festival features music, food, beer, kids’ activities, an arts and crafts village, contests, and more.
Here’s some of what’s going on:
Entertainment at Fest in the West
Music on the main stage:
- Martin County Ramblers
- The Blenders
- Peak City Band
- The Motley Tones (roving)
- Imagine Circus: stilt walker and Hoop Jam
- Starpath Dance Academy: Line Dance
- School of Rock Cary: Student band performance
Arts and Crafts Village
Thirty-five unique area vendors will fill the Village of Arts & Crafts. Jewelers, stained glass, wall hangings, photography, pottery, soap, candles, garden ornaments and more. Some will also be demonstrating their craft for you to peek into the creative process.
- Autumn Accents-Wreaths and home decor
- Beadweaves– Woven baskets, placemats and rugs incorporating beads of glass & wood.
- B-Cycled Artwork– Artwork made from recycled wood and metal
- Bee Coming Creations
- Black Unykorn Enterprises tarot card reading.
- Boards and Dough- Husband and wife team who make home baked goods and a variety of handcrafted wood items
- Buckleluv– Decorated handmade belt buckles
- Charmed I’m Sure- Handmade jewelry
- Chilean Charm– Fused glass jewelry
- CompostNow – demonstration of compost and free samples.
- Designs by Trish– Hand crafted jewelry
- Farley Art House– Abstract alcohol ink art print paintings
- Grandma’s Best-handmade candles
- Kennington Kraft– Ceramics that incorporate topographic maps
- Just Natural Soap– Handmade cold press soaps, lotions and scrubs
- LH Jewelry Design– Hand stitched jewelry using gemstones, crystals, metals and tiny seed beads using embroidery technique
- Lindaloo-Glass – Enameled jewelry
- MJS Works – Mixed media paintings
- My Favorite Aunt – Bohemian chic jewelry created using a mix of clay, metals and recycled materials
- NC Soap Opera– Hand made soap and bath essentials
Needle and Thread– Adorable pillows appliqued with animals in eye-catching color combinations
- Randy Stoltz- Blacksmith demonstration
- Serve with Verve– Beaded serving utensils
- SK Arts- Painted glass items to resemble stained glass.
- Sociable Art– Sit down and paint a ROCK to match our theme to take with you! (sign up below)
- Super Stitchy -Hand-died yarn and knitting accessories
- Susie Q’s Collars– Dog collars and martingales
- The Bearded Heart- Original screen printed designs on tees, towels and napkins
- White Sparrow– Mixed media prints and paintings and cards
- Wild Side Tie Dyes– Tie-died clothing and accessories
- Wood Butcher- Handmade wooden bowls, benches, bird houses and more.
- “Ultimate Challenge” obstacle course bouncer
- Face painting
- Themed crafts
- Meet llamas in the petting zoo
- Photo booth
Contests and Demonstrations
The Hillbilly Horseshoes Contest will test your skills and patience as contestants attempt to get a ringer throwing toilet seat covers for points. It Takes place at 12:30 p.m. near the Main Stage.
The Pie Eating Contest challenges a dozen festival-goers to eat a whole blueberry pie in the quickest time, leaving empty plates, full bellies and a satisfied crowd. It takes place at 2:45 p.m. near the Main Stage.