Tobacco Road Tours is offering free walking tours in Raleigh and Durham every weekend. These tours are 90 minutes long. Registration is required.
Although they are free, tips are accepted and appreciated. $15 or $20 per adult is a typical tip.
They also offer reasonably priced ghost tours.
If you have questions about anything, including the tour’s safety measures during this time, please email email@example.com or call 919-371-2653.
Read on to learn about these two “pay what you want” weekly tours, as well as some of Tobacco Road Tours’ other low-price tours.
Learn about more free walking tours around the Triangle!
Raleigh City of Oaks Walking Tour
The free Raleigh tours are on Saturdays at 2 p.m. The tour meets at the Sir Walter statue at the Convention Center, Cabarrus and Salisbury Streets.
The city’s founding fathers called Raleigh the “City of Oaks” due to mostly hardwood (Oak & Hickory) trees that were present in Colonial times.
On the itinerary are:
- The State Capital & grounds
- NC Museum of History
- NC Museum of Natural Science
- NC Nature Research Center
- NC Legislature Building
- Raleigh’s Four Ecclesiastical Anchor Churches
- Governor’s Mansion
- Fayetteville Street
- Briggs Building
- Festival Plaza
- Duke Energy Performing Arts Center
Durham City of Medicine Walking Tour
The Durham tours are on Sundays at 2 p.m. Meet at Major the Bull statue, next to 21C Museum Hotel.
Founded by fortune, ruled by the Duke Family & a few others, scented by tobacco in a bygone era. Today, Durham is an urban playground of diversity, smart people and authenticity. Filled with research scientists, tech whiz kids, cool jazz, natural blues, aspiring athletes, fiery activists and ONE of the coolest scenes in the South.
- How did the Dukes come to dominate the World with tobacco products?
- Where is Black Wall Street?
- Where did the largest troop surrender of the Civil War take place?
- Why do pitchers (Baseball) warm up in a bullpen?
Other Tours with Tobacco Road Tours
Tobacco Road Tours offers several other reasonably priced tours. They are $18 for adults and $15 for ages 8-14.
- Raleigh Pub Crawl & Haunted Adventure Tour
- Raleigh Haunted Footsteps Ghost Tour
- Raleigh Art and Architecture Tour
- Durham Dark & Mysterious Ghost Walk
- Durham Pub Crawl & Haunted Adventure Tour
- Durham Sightseeing Bar Walk
More Walking Tours in the Triangle
Check out our list of FREE walking tours in the Triangle, or look at a few upcoming walking tours here:
Friday, December 8, 2023
Saturday, December 9, 2023
Sunday, December 10, 2023
Monday, December 11, 2023
Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Thursday, December 14, 2023
Friday, December 15, 2023
Saturday, December 16, 2023
Sunday, December 17, 2023
Monday, December 18, 2023
Tuesday, December 19, 2023
Wednesday, December 20, 2023
Thursday, December 21, 2023
Friday, December 22, 2023
Saturday, December 23, 2023
Sunday, December 24, 2023
Saturday, December 30, 2023
Sunday, December 31, 2023
Saturday, January 6, 2024