Third Friday Durham is a recurring event during which the Durham art venues host free receptions.
This is a great time to check out the new and continuing exhibits. Musicians and other entertainers busk on the sidewalks (moving inside during inclement weather) and many artists open their studios to visitors. It’s also a good time to check out shops and to try out a new restaurant.
Most gallery receptions take place from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. but visit the 3rd Friday Durham Facebook page, where details will be posted.
Featured buskers from 6:30-8:30:
- Maxine Eloi at the Mangum/Parrish/Orange St. trellis
- L’il Bull Beats (Dev Wilson) at Major the Bull
- Clark Blomquist near the “Walking Man” statue on Foster Street near the Convention Center.
- 5 Points Gallery, 109 E. Chapel Hill Street, will celebrate their grand opening, with a featured solo show by Frank Myers, “Strolling Through Durham
- Durham Arts Council, 120 Morris Street, will feature photos and sculpture by Derrick Beasley
- The Artisan Market, 305 E. Chapel Street, will host a trunk show by Happy Unicorn Studio (bags, wallets, more)
- Cecy’s Gallery, 417 Foster Street, will host a demo on making artisanal mocktails at home. Honeygirl Meadery will share samples of meads. There will be art, food and music.
- Discover Durham, 212 W. Main Street, will feature free Latin dance lessons
More upcoming free things to do
Friday, September 20, 2019
Saturday, September 21, 2019
Sunday, September 22, 2019