Third Friday Durham is a recurring event during which the Durham art venues host free receptions. This is a great time to check out the new and continuing exhibits. Musicians and other entertainers busk on the sidewalks (moving inside during inclement weather) and many artists open their studios to visitors. It’s also a good time to check out shops and to try out a new restaurant.
Most gallery receptions take place from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. but visit the Downtown Durham Facebook page, where details will be posted.
Buskers for March 15th, 2019:
- Michele Star Music-Major The Bull
- Shaquim Muldrow (Durham Arts Council)
- Robinson Earle (Golden Belt Campus)
- Matt Grady & Maceo (Golden Belt Campus)
- Gabriele Pelli (Museum of Durham History), Violin Remix (Museum of Durham History)
- Luke Dingfelder Letters Bookshop)
More upcoming free things to do
Saturday, March 23, 2019
Sunday, March 24, 2019
Monday, March 25, 2019