Springtime Stroll & Roll is a chance to explore Downtown Raleigh by foot or bike, experience art activities, and raise money for ArtSpace.
The event takes place Friday, May 21st, and Saturday, May 22nd, 2021, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, May 23rd, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
It’s free to register. After you register you’ll receive an email containing your unique fundraising link, as well as a map of the route.
The walking route is about 1.7 miles long and should take about 45 minutes. The route is stroller and wheelchair accessible.
The biking route is 10 miles and should take about an hour.
Both routes start and end at ArtSpace, 201 E. Davie Street, Raleigh, which is a pet-friendly building.
Art Activities for All
All art activities are free of charge and accommodations can be made for participants of all ages and abilities.
- Stroll and Roll Souvenir Magnet // Capture your favorite stop on the Stroll and Roll route by designing your own souvenir magnet! Draw, collage, and embellish your keepsake magnet as a reminder of the memories you made at the 2021 Stroll and Roll.
- Celebratory Ribbons // After successfully completing the Stroll and Roll, commemorate your achievement with a celebratory ribbon. What are you celebrating…other than being awesome?
- Art is… (Temporary Mural) inspired by “Before I Die…” Wall // After seeing all of the ways that Art is a part of our city, tell us what art is to YOU! Fill in the blank on this temporary mural outside of Artspace that will be a must stop (and photo op)!
- Sidewalk Chalk Murals // Collaborate with other strollers to create a sidewalk chalk mural inspired by the street murals on the walk! Express yourself through color and text and contribute to a growing mural that will become part of the event!
Treasure Hunt Prize Pack
One winner each day.
Find the secret treasure and win! Each day there will be a small treasure hidden at one of the stops. Find the treasure and bring it back to Artspace to win a prize pack. The treasure will be marked on the bottom so you’ll know if you find it.
- DECO Raleigh Gift Bag with $150 worth of merchandise
- One pair of Haden Design earrings
- One Burial Beer pint glass and $15 gift card
- 10% off coupon for The Pocket Gallery
- $100 gift card to an Empire Eats Restaurant (Raleigh Times, Morning Times, Pizza Times, Gravy, Sitti, The Pit)
- $25 Gift card to Trophy Brewing
Daily Door Prize
25 winners a day.
Be one of the first 25 people through the doors at Artspace on each day and you’ll be rewarded with a great prize. Handmade canvas tote bag created by Artspace studio artists Fernanda Batista (Studio 103) and Maria Frati (Studio 207) plus a print of the Downtown Route drawn by artist Brett Morris.
Social Media Prizes
- Share your stroll and roll on social media and be entered into a drawing to win a hand-embroidered map of the Downtown Route by Artspace studio artist Jennifer Markowitz (Studio 109a). Take a picture along the route and tag us @artspacenc and use hashtag #strollandroll21. Each picture counts as one entry, you can enter as many times as you like! Entries must be made through Instagram or Facebook.
- Win a $25 gift card to Read With Me – Take a selfie or group photo in front of Read With Me, and tell us your favorite art book and/or artist and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a gift card to Read With Me. Tag us @artspacenc and Read With Me (@readwithme_raleigh and @ReadWithMe.NC) and use the hashtag #strollandroll21 to enter. Each picture counts as one entry, you can enter as many times as you like! Entries must be made through Instagram or Facebook.
The top three fundraisers will take home some artwork.
- First Place – Framed original drawing, Otter Duck, by studio artist Danyelle Lakin
- Second Place – Krispy Kreme, giclee print by former Regional Emerging Artist in Residence and Pocket Gallery owner, artist Caitlin Cary
- Third Place – Get Out and Ride, dammit, screenprint by artist and Pocket Gallery owner, Skillet Gilmore.
Upcoming Events in the Triangle -- both virtual and in-personCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Friday, May 14, 2021
Saturday, May 15, 2021
Sunday, May 16, 2021