The 12th Annual St. Nicholas European Christmas Market takes place Friday, December 13th, 2019, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Saturday, December 14th, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Holshouser Building at the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh.
Admission is free.
The event is a fundraiser by Sts. Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Parish. Shop for new and collectible gifts and decorative items from Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Czech/Slovakia, Scandinavia, and Ireland/British Isles.
Here is some of what you might find:
- Folk art
- Polish pottery
- Hand made Czech ornaments
- German cuckoo clocks and pyramids
- Knit sweaters from Ireland
- Cashmere scarves from Scotland
- Matroyshka dolls
- Vintage hand done linens from England and Germany
- Much more
- Leather works
- British tarts
In addition, enjoy food and attractions like:
- Grilled kielbasa and hot slavic soups Friday night
- Christmas caroling
- Meet the St. Nicholas throughout the Market
- Golden Hex – a European grocer
- Swedish Bakery
- Ukrainian Bakery
- Fortnight beer
- Koehl’s Bakery