Raleigh Walking Tours, LLC, offers public walking tours in Downtown Raleigh. The public tours are pay-what-you-want, but advanced registration is required.
If you enjoy the tour, please compensate your tour guide appropriately. A typical amount is $15 to $20 per person.
There are two tours currently offered. Read on to learn about each tour.
Downtown Murals and Public Art Tour Part II
If you’ve gone on Raleigh Walking Tour’s Public Art Tour in the past, please know that this is a new tour.
This tour meets at 127 West Hargett Street in Downtown Raleigh. It leaves quickly, but if you’re late, cross over to the opposite side of Hargett Street and go to Nash Square.
The group will view two murals in Nash Square and then will cross to Martin Street and will proceed down Martin Street to the east (toward Fayetteville Street.)
You’ll see some of Raleigh’s most vibrant large scale art works. The focus is on murals, but you’ll also learn about some other public art.
Upcoming dates for the Downtown Raleigh Mural and Public Art Tour:
- Saturday, August 14th, 2021: 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, September 11th, 2021: 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, September 25th, 2021: 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, October 16th, 2021: 10:30 a.m.
Haunted History Tour
This tour meets outside the N.C. Executive Mansion (Governor’s Mansion) at 200 N. Blount Street. Make sure that you’re on the Blount Street side of the mansion. The starting point is the corner of Blount and Jones Street, in the shade. The tour doesn’t go into the Governor’s Mansion or any other building. It just meets outside of it.
The tour will take you to four city landmarks, where you’ll learn about the history and legacy of that landmark, as well as an eerie story about the landmark.
This isn’t a “ghost tour,” but rather, a history tour that discusses hauntings from past events.
Upcoming dates for the Haunted History Tour:
- Saturday, August 14th, 2021, 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 21st, 2021, 5 p.m.
- Saturday, August 28th, 2021: 5 p.m.
- Saturday, September 4th, 2021: 5 p.m.
- Friday, September 10th, 2021: 7:15 p.m.
- Saturday, September 11th, 2021: 5 p.m.
- Friday, September 17th, 2021: 7:15 p.m.
- Saturday, September 18th, 2021: 5 p.m.
- Friday, September 24th, 2021: 7:15 p.m.
- Saturday, September 25th, 2021: 5 p.m.
More Walking Tours
Learn about more free or pay-what-you-want walking tours in the Triangle or see a quick list here:
Friday, September 24, 2021
Saturday, September 25, 2021
Sunday, September 26, 2021
Thursday, September 30, 2021
Friday, October 1, 2021
Saturday, October 2, 2021
Sunday, October 3, 2021
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Friday, October 8, 2021
Saturday, October 9, 2021
Sunday, October 10, 2021
Thursday, October 14, 2021
Friday, October 15, 2021
Saturday, October 16, 2021
Sunday, October 17, 2021
Thursday, October 21, 2021