The Town of Cary’s Pumpkin Flotilla takes place Friday, October 28th, 2022, from 4 to 7 p.m., at Bond Park, 801 High House Road, Cary.
Participation is free.
Learn about the Town of Cary’s other Halloween events too, including a haunted house, a big pumpkin carving event, and more.
Drop off your carved pumpkin on Thursday, October 27th, 2022, between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Pumpkins will set sail across the Bond Park Lake at twilight (approximately 6:30 p.m.)
The event will also feature local music my Ed Stephenson, snacks and Halloween activities. Enjoy boat rentals as well. Boat rentals will run from 4 to 6:30 p.m.
If you can’t make it out on October 28th, come by the next couple nights, as the pumpkins, which will be left floating on the lake, in a stationary display, will be relit. Watch from the Bond Park Boathouse.
Fall is looking great around the Triangle, whether you’re looking for something spooky or totally kid-friendly! Check out our HUGE list of fall festivals, as well as our list of pumpkin patches, haunted trails and corn mazes! We have also put together a big list of Halloween events and Trick or Treat events!
Pumpkin Flotilla Guidelines
- Get a pumpkin: Bring a pumpkin, approximately the size of a soccer ball, that weighs about 8 pounds after it’s carved. Mini or extra-large pumpkins cannot be accepted for the flotilla.
- Get creative: Pumpkins will be attached through the base. All pumpkins must come with tops (lids) and be gutted and carved at home. Jack-o’-lanterns with artificial decorations, such as paint, glitter, marker, food dye, paper, plastic, light bulbs, candles, or floats cannot be accepted for the flotilla. A light and floating device will be provided when you register your jack-o’-lantern at the event.
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Triangle on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and it's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
- 25+ Farmers Markets in the Triangle
- Fall Festivals in the Triangle
- Scenic drives for fall color in the mountains and the Triangle
- Trick or Treat and Trunk or Treat in the Triangle
- Halloween events in the Triangle
- Where to pick your own produce in the Triangle
- Subscribing to Triangle on the Cheap's email list
- Haunted trails, corn mazes, pumpkin patches and more fall fun in the Triangle
- Free and cheap things to do this week in the Triangle
More Halloween Events in the Triangle
Check out our big list of Halloween events and ideas in the Triangle, or see a quick list here: