The Cary Theater, 122 East Chatham Street, Cary, is hosting a free event on October 26th, 2018, at 7 p.m. The 3rd Annual Zombiepalooza will feature zombie films made by the community.
Zombiepalooza will feature local filmmakers’ zombie short films on a huge outdoor screen downtown.
Bring the kids for a family-friendly night of zombie short films. We’ll also have cosplay zombies, so dress as your favorite horror film character, or channel your inner zombie rebel! Neighboring bars and restaurants will be open, and there’ll be Twinkies for everyone to help create a downtown Zombieland.
Local filmmakers and filmmaker hobbyists are invited to get creative and tell their own Zombie stories in one to five minutes. Filmmakers range in age from teens to older adults, using all types of video cameras, including smartphones.
Films will be screened outdoors in front of The Cary Theater, with the theme being all about ZOMBIES… how they got here, how to survive a zombie attack, friendly zombies, comedic zombies… imaginations are running wild.
There is one required element that each filmmaker had to use: a traffic cone. So, keep an eye out for this traffic calming implement visible in every film. Otherwise, film creativity was up the imaginations of the entrants.
THIS YEAR’S FILMS AND TEAMS INCLUDE:
- “People Are Dead Wrong About Zombies” by Olivia Bagley & DarK Bolt
- “Quality Time with the Z Family” by Dina & Charlie Huffman & Moonshadow Films
- “Blood and Brains” by Eric Ayscue
- “Children of the Gate” by Cameron Bertolini & Frontgate Films
- “Chop & Shop” by Vincent Dormani & Buried Hatchet Productions
- “When Evil Comes” by Julia Gallert
- “Missed Call” by Michael Pearce & Screaming Eagles
- “Gang of Cones” by William Whitehurst
- “Day of the Living Phil” by Joey Wendt, Max Williams, Kevin Steele & That’s Show Business
- “The Zombies” by Geneva Childs & Cat Zombies