Piedmont Farm Animal Refuge, at 7236 NC Highway 87 N, in Pittsboro, is a non-profit organization that works to protect animals from factory farms.
The Refuge is working to build a sanctuary that will care for rescued chickens, turkeys, ducks, sheep, goats, pigs and cows who come from lives of abuse, neglect and abandonment.
These animals will find peace and protection on 16 acres of pasture and woods, where they will be provided with top notch, life-long care.
Here are two upcoming events.
- Meet rescued goats and learn their stories
- Enjoy goat yoga sessions (at 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.)
- Get creative at the arts & crafts station
- Mix your own goat treats at the goat snack bar
- Complete a goat themed scavenger hunt and win a prize
- Get active in the kids’ maze
- Enjoy free snacks and beverages
- Meet the farm’s chickens, sheep, turkeys and ducks
- Merchandise will also be available for purchase
June Vegan Potluck + Celebrate Flower the Sheep’s Birthday
Saturday, June 29th, 2019
5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Sign up here
After Goat Day, stick around for the June Potluck + Flower’s Birthday Celebration.
Before the shared meal, celebrate Piedmont Animal Refuge’s oldest resident’s Birthday! Flower is a very social and sweet sheep who loves volunteers and tour guests. She was recently diagnosed with inoperable bladder cancer. A new pain management program has been life-saving for her, and she is doing very well! She amazingly just celebrated her 18th birthday.
1) Goat Day! 1PM – 5PM: Special activities with the goats and animal visiting time with all of our residents. (Please RSVP separately on the Goat Day page.)
2) Birthday Celebration for Flower! 5PM: Meet in the sheep house to sing happy birthday, watch Flower react to her special fruit cake, and offer her treats and affection. If you would like to bring her a birthday present, she will be accepting watermelons, grapes, pears, kiwis, peaches, plums, and oranges. She loves fruit and tends to enjoy the softer types that are easier to chew. (Please note, the presents will be given to her at a future time, since she will already be indulging in her cake that day.)
3) Vegan Potluck 5:20PM: Gather with friends at the office and share a delicious vegan meal. As it gets dark we’ll start up the campfires and roast vegan marshmallows. Board games and musical instruments are encouraged!