Bone Suckin’ Sauce Peak City Pig Fest is serious business for BBQ chefs. Taking place Friday, June 14th, 2019, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Saturday, June 15th, 2019, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., in downtown Apex, it’s the only Kansas City Barbecue Society sanctioned BBQ contest in the Triangle, and chefs compete for over $10,000 in prize money.
It’s free to attend the festival.
Of course the main focus is food, and plenty of it will be on sale, but there’s also lots to do that is free, including watching the chefs compete, watching pig races, listening to live music and participating in kids’ activities.
- Friday, June 14th: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, June 15th: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Enjoy live music, food, and drinks. Featuring a full lineup of domestic beers, wine, and craft beers from Bombshell Beer Company, Brueprint Brewing Company, Vicious Fishes Brewery, Weeping Radish Brewery, and Southern Peak Brewery
- Competition BBQ Sales – Saturday 11:30am – 8pm
- Beer must be purchased with a ticket – $6 each
Rib Eating Contest
- Friday, 8pm (Beer Garden)
- Apex Firefighter vs Police rib eating competition
Competition BBQ Sales
- Saturday, 9am – 3pm, or while supplies last (in the tent behind the mule station, across from the police station)
- The Apex Sunrise Rotary Foundation will be selling BBQ cooked by various competition cook teams as a fundraiser
- For $12, you will get a plate of BBQ with sides
Friday (Beer Garden)
- 5pm – 8:00pm: Butch Halpin & the Carolina Sounds
- 8:00pm – 11:00pm: Peak City Sound
Saturday (Main Stage)
- 11am – 12pm: The Rock ‘n Roll High School House Band
- 12pm – 1:00pm: Thursday’s Flight
- 2pm – 3:30pm: RPM
- 3:30pm – 5pm: Major Vice
Saturday (Beer Garden)
- 6pm – 7:30pm: Your Mamma’s New Boyfriend
- Saturday, 9am – 5pm (Salem St)
- Various food, drink, merchandise, and organizations
- More information available on the Vendors page
- Saturday, 9am – 5pm (Apex Baptist Church lot)
- Various kids activities such as bounce houses and slides
- Saturday, 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm (Salem St)
- Bring the kids to watch pigs and other animals race to the finish line
Anything Butt Competition
- Friday, 7pm (Beer Garden)
- Teams compete on non-BBQ dishes
- More information available on the Anything Butt page
People’s Choice Competition
- You get to judge the cook teams!
- Saturday, tickets sales begin at 11:00am (Fire House – New Location)
- Judging 1:30pm – 3:30pm (Cook Team area)More information available on the People’s Choice page
- Saturday, 5pm (Main Stage)
- Gather to see the results of the BBQ cook team competition