Bone Suckin’ Sauce Peak City Pig Fest is serious business for BBQ chefs. Taking place Friday, June 15th, 2018, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Saturday, June 16th, 2016, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., in downtown Apex, it’s the only Kansas City Barbecue Society sanctioned BBQ contest in the Triangle, and chefs compete for over $10,000 in prize money.
It’s free to attend the festival.
Of course the main focus is food, and plenty of it will be on sale, but there’s also lots to do that is free, including watching the chefs compete, watching pig races, listening to live music and participating in kids’ activities.
- Friday 5pm – 11pm, Saturday 11am – 8pm (Apex Chamber)
- Enjoy live music, food, and drinks. Featuring a full lineup of domestic beers, wine, and craft beers from Bombshell Beer Company, Brueprint Brewing Company, and Southern Peak Brewery
- Beer must be purchased with a ticket – $5 each
Rib Eating Contest
Friday, 8pm (Beer Garden)
Apex Firefighter vs Police rib eating competition
Competition BBQ Sales
Saturday, 9am – 3pm, or while supplies last (Fire House)
The Apex Sunrise Rotary Foundation will be selling BBQ cooked by various competition cook teams as a fundraiser
For $10, you will get a small plate of BBQ with a few sides.
Friday (Beer Garden)
- 5pm – 8 p.m. Butch Halpin & the Carolina Sounds
- 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.: Peak City Sound
Saturday (Main Stage)
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: The Rock ‘n Roll High School House Band
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.: Thursday’s Flight
- 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: RPM
- 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Major Vice
Saturday (Beer Garden)
- 6pm – 7:30pm: Your Mamma’s New Boyfriend
Saturday, 9am – 5pm (Salem St)
Various food, drink, merchandise, and organizations
More information available on the Vendors page
Saturday, 9am – 5pm (Apex Baptist Church lot)
Various kids activities such as bounce houses and slides
Saturday, 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm (Salem St)
Bring the kids to watch pigs and other animals race to the finish line
Anything Butt Competition
Friday, 7pm (Beer Garden)
Teams compete on non-BBQ dishes
More information available on the Anything Butt page
People’s Choice Competition
Saturday, tickets 11am (Info tent), judging 1:30pm – 3:30pm (Cook Team area)
You get to judge the cook teams!
More information available on the People’s Choice page
Saturday, 5pm (Main Stage)
Gather to see the results of the BBQ cook team competition