National Avocado Day is Friday, July 31st, 2020. Don’t confuse this with National Guacamole Day, which will take place Wednesday, September 16th, 2020.
On National Avocado Day we pay homage to the avocado, whether in the form of guacamole, or on toast, on a sandwich, or eaten just with a little bit of salt.
Here are some special deals to help you celebrate National Avocado Day, and and make sure to scroll down for some fun facts about avocados, as well as more upcoming food and drink events and deals from Triangle on the Cheap.
Please keep in mind that participation might vary by location.
Join Chipotle’s Rewards program by July 30 and use online ordering or order through the app to receive FREE guac, only on July 31, 2020.
Customers at Quizno’s will receive free guacamole on any sub purchase on July 31st, 2020. This information was sent to us in a press release.
This deal is good on Friday, July 31st, 2020, but also on other days of the week! Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entree. One free kids meal per adult entree. Tijuana Flats makes its guacamole fresh, from scratch, every day. Call your local Tijuana Flats for more information.
Harris Teeter is offering a 2-count bag of Haas Avocados for 99 cents on its weekly ad, through August 4th, 2020. The price might require a loyalty card.
Aldi is offering Haas Avocados for 59 cents each, through August 4th, 2020
Fun Facts about Avocados
We learned these fun facts from California Avocados.
- To speed up the ripening process, put the avocado in a paper bag and store it at room temperature
- It’ll ripen quicker if you put an apple or a kiwi in the bag
- You can store ripe avocados in the refrigerator for two or three days as long as you didn’t cut them
- If you did cut the avocado, sprinkle it with lemon juice, lime juice or white vinegar, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then refrigerate it
- You can make a face mask (the kind of moisturizing your skin, not the kind we’re all wearing now) from an avocado, mayonnaise, a lemon and some tea. Look at the recipe here.