The 38th Annual Meet in the Street Festival takes place Saturday, May 5th, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., in downtown Wake Forest. It’ll be happening on South White Street, South Brooks Street and South Taylor Street.
The festival will feature food, fun and entertainment, including live music and children’s activities.
Admission is free.
Festivities will include hundreds of booths featuring handcrafted arts and crafts. The event also will include multiple entertainment venues and the White Street Brewing Company’s Beer Garden on Fidelity Bank parking lot on Owen Street.
There will also be a Bike Safety Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Taylor Street parking lot of Town Hall. The bike safety fair will teach safe bicycle riding skills to children ages five to 14 and their parents. During the event, participants will be taught safe riding techniques through an obstacle course that re-creates real-life situations. The course will help participants practice scanning for automobiles, develop correct riding techniques, offer intersection safety tips and teach children how to avoid road hazards such as tree limbs, pot holes, and rocks.
Stage Schedule for Meet in the Street
Live Music Stage presented by UNC REX Healthcare
Music will be found on Owen Street. Bring your chairs.
- 10:00 – 10:45 a.m.: Majic
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: The Tyson Brothers
- 1 – 3 p.m.: Irresistible Groove
- 3:30 – 5 p.m.: John King
Performance Plaza presented WakeMed
The Performance Plaza will be found on Taylor Street.
- 10 a.m. – 10:30 am: Flourish Baton Club
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.: Dance Dynamics
- 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Innovative Martial Arts
- 12 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Destiny Dance Institute/Wake Forest Civic Ballet
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.: Gartrell the Great-Magician
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.: The Carolina PineCones
- 2:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Gartrell the Great-Magician
- 3 p.m.- 3:30 p.m.: Nan’s School of Dance
- 3:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Master Chang’s Martial Arts ( Tiger Team)
Participating food vendors
- Cousins Maine Lobster
- Sweet Traditions by LeAne
- City Barbeque
- Gooey’s American Grille
- The Creative Caribbean Cook & Catering
- Big Al’s BBQ & Catering Services Inc.
- Kona Ice of Raleigh
- Fully Loaded Fritters
- Fuzzy’s Empanadas
- Gussys Greek
- The Wandering Moose
- D & J Concessions
- Bulkogi Truck LLC
- Havana Dave’s
- Charlies Kabob
- Tropical Delights, LLC
- Pelican’s SnoBalls of Wake Forest
- Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Sunshine Delights
- Lumpy’s Ice Cream
- Smitty’s Homemade Ice Cream.