The inaugural Magical Hill Festival and Fairy House Competition will take place on Saturday, September 21st, 2019, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., at Chapel Hill Community Center Park, 120 E. Estes Drive, Chapel Hill.
This is a free event.
It celebrates all that is is whimsical and magical.
Come dressed as a fairy or gnome to celebrates the Autumnal Equinox. Costumes are encouraged but not required.
- Overall Best in Category
- Most Creative
- Most Enchanting
- Best in Show (Grand Prize)
- We encourage you to use natural and recycled materials and the theme of the house may be anything you wish.
- Platforms or man-made support materials can be used for easier delivery and transport, but must be concealed with natural materials when installed on-site.
- Your platform is included as part of your fairy house size.
- Houses should be tabletop size and portable (maximum dimensions 2ft wide x 2ft high) – please use a sturdy base that can hold up if wet (such as plywood).
- Please do not use any items of value in the houses as the Festival is not responsible for any loss or damage to your fairy or gnome structure.
Your completed house and application must be brought to the Chapel Hill Community Center on Friday, September 20th between the hours of 9:00 am until 6:00 pm. No fairy houses will be accepted on Saturday.
All Fairy House Contest participants must check in at the Check-in table. Please contact us if you are unable to pick up your fairy house by Monday, September 24, 2019 by 5:00pm. Any houses not picked up will be recycled.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winning Fairy Houses will be announced at 5 p.m. on September 21st, and will be on display through the end of October.
- Food trucks
- Arts and crafts