This year, it isn’t a question of “Where can you get a free turkey for Thanksgiving?” but “Where can you get a whole Thanksgiving dinner for free?” Through an exclusive partnership with Walmart, Ibotta is launching its ‘Free Thanksgiving Dinner‘ program — in an effort to feed millions of families this Thanksgiving.
The offer will be available to new Ibotta users starting Sunday, November 1. Current Ibotta users will see the offer starting Wednesday, November 4.
These offers are available in November while supplies last.
How to get 100% cashback on Thanksgiving dinner with Ibotta
Here’s how this works: Ibotta is teaming up with Walmart to give you cashback on everything you need to make a fabulous turkey dinner for the family.
1. The first thing you’ll do is sign up for an Ibotta account if you don’t have one.
To sign-up for a FREE Ibotta account, register here.
2. Next, sign in to the app or browser extension and look for the free Thanksgiving offers. The items available for 100% cash back (while it lasts) are:
- Butterball turkey breast roast (eligible for $9.98 cash back)
- McCormick Gravy pouch ($1.12 cash back)
- Great Value Stuffing Mix (.82 cash back)
- Idahoan Mashed Potatoes ($1.88 cash back)
- Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (.98 cash back)
- Great Value Cranberry Sauce (.98 cash back)
- Great Value Green Beans ($1.34 cash back)
- French’s Crispy Fried Onions ($1.92 cash back)
- Coco-Cola 2-liter bottle ($1.25 cash back)
3. Follow the instructions to add all nine (or as many as you want) free Thanksgiving offers to your list at Walmart.
4. Shop at Walmart in-store with the Ibotta app or link your Walmart pick-up and delivery account to shop online with the Ibotta browser extension. Either way, you’ll get cash back.
Important notes about the Ibotta FREE Thanksgiving dinner offer
Remember, the free Thanksgiving offer is “while supplies last,” so you don’t want to sleep on this deal.
The Ibotta app works by giving you cash back after you pay for your items, so you will need to be prepared to pay for them up front. But since you’re getting 100% cash back on the items, it is essentially a FREE Thanksgiving dinner.
In every case, check the offer details and scan the barcode in-store to make sure the item you’re buying qualifies.
If you buy more than one product or a larger turkey, you won’t get the 100% cash back on the additional product. The cash back is only eligible for the items you see in your app or browser extension – even if they differ from what’s listed here. (They shouldn’t differ, but if they do, believe what the app is telling you and buy that product.)
While this holiday season may be different in how we celebrate, Ibotta and its generous brand partners want to ensure all families can enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving dinner without the financial burden.
Bargain hunters are always grateful for big savings! And this tasty offer — a Thanksgiving meal feeding five for FREE — will definitely have smart shoppers thankful for the opportunity to save money on the biggest (and often costly) family feast of the year.
Get your new Ibotta account here. (It’s free.)
Subscribe to Triangle on the Cheap