The Museum of Life + Science is celebrating the season with Holidays in the Park.
We are putting together a huge list of holiday events in the Triangle, including parades, festivals, markets, Santa visits, and more. Check out our growing day by day list of holiday events in the Triangle!
Enjoy a memorable stroll with your loved ones through some of our outdoor and indoor spaces on evenings in December, from 5:15 to 9 p.m. Follow shimmering pathways and glowing trees through the garden, Farmyard, and Dinosaur Trail.
Enjoy the tropical temperatures inside the Magic Wings Butterfly House or stop by Sprout Café for a night-time snack.
Take an illuminating train ride on the Ellerbe Creek Railway, passing colorful light displays along the way!
Tickets for this experience with a train ride included are $19 per person. Tickets excluding a train ride are $16 per person.
Each ticket has an entry and exit time to the Museum.
Entry-only tickets include:
- An evening stroll through the campus from Butterfly House to Dino Trail.
- Holiday music and light displays
- Special family photo spots throughout the experience
- Pop-up Museum gift shop
- Skate in your socks synthetic ice rink
- Magic Wings Butterfly House with Buck Morgan display
- Winter related activities
- Sprout Café open for purchase of light snacks, hot cocoa, and coffee
- Complimentary candy canes
Entry plus train ride tickets include:
- All the above, plus a seat on the Ellerbe Creek Railway taking one loop around the tracks to reveal a hidden woodland wonderland.
Dates for Holidays in the Park:
- December 1st to 4th, 2022
- December 7th, 2022
- December 9th to 11th, 2022
- December 14th to 18th, 2022
- December 21st to 23rd, 2022
- December 28th to 31st, 2022
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Triangle on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and it's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
You might also be interested in:
- Signing up for Triangle on the Cheap's daily email
- Free events this week
- Day by Day list of holiday events
- What Christmas food can dogs eat?
- Best Christmas Lights in the Triangle
- Christmas tree farms and lots near the Triangle
- Free pictures with Santa in the Triangle
- Holiday Markets in the Triangle
- Christmas Trains in North Carolina
More Holiday Events in the Triangle
Check out our big list of holiday events in the Triangle, or look at a few of them here:
$15 a person is ridiculous for this little train that makes a loop around. With two yoyng children and just one parent, it’s a $45 outing. I think it’s sad that the pricing is so jacked up, especially general admission prices. For my gigantic familyof 4 to enjoy an educational day out it runs $70. 😣😔
Triangle on the cheap!? 😂
Jody Mace says
Ally, it’s true that this is one of the more expensive things we list here. During the holiday season I’ve found that people are looking for this kind of event and some are willing to splurge. However, every week we publish a list of free things to do. This week our list has 158 free things to do. So that would be a great place to look for budget activities. https://triangleonthecheap.com/free-things-triangle-week/
Janice Campbell says
I agree, I have 6 grandchildren and their parents. Durham continues to be over priced for families that need the outing. No bodies fault but all children deserve to be exposed to Christmas. Retied 33 year teacher .
Does this include a photo (and time) with Santa or may I take one of my own?