The Friends of the Page-Walker Hotel and the Town of Cary are offering Historic Cary Trolley Tours on Sunday, September 25th, 2022. Tickets are on sale now.
The tours are 50 minutes long. They leave from the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop, Cary. The trolleys are climate controlled.
There will be two different tours, a General History Tour and an African American History Tour. Here’s some of what you’ll learn about.
General History Tour
- Houses of prominent people from the past
- Historic churches
- Old general stores
- Cemeteries with graves dating back to the 1800s
African American History Tour
- Historic African American neighborhoods
- Church sites
- Schools on land donated by Black families for African American children
- Past sites of “juke joints”
Tickets for the Historic Cary Trolley Tours
Tickets are limited and will most likely sell out quickly.
Tickets are $9.32 for adults 18 and over, and $4.66 for ages 17 and younger. (Plus fees.) You can purchase tickets from from eTix.com.
Schedule of Historic Cary Trolley Tours
Tours take place on September 25th, 2022, at these times:
- 1 p.m.: General History Tour
- 2 p.m.: General History Tour
- 3 p.m.: African American History Tour