Whether you’re new to the Triangle or a long-timer, check out these free walking tours of Chapel Hill.
They take place several times a week. See the schedule, below, but make sure to check the schedule online to see if there are any changes. You can sign up for tours at the above link, but even if you don’t sign up, feel free show up!
The tours are free, but tips are appreciated.
Also, please follow Free Walking Tours of Chapel Hill on Facebook to see updates.
The tours leave from Morehead Planetarium (look for the sun dial), at 250 E. Franklin Street, Chapel Hill.
From there the 1.25 mile tour heads down Franklin Street, where you’ll see the town’s oldest buildings, sites of 1960s protests and several outdoor murals. You’ll delve into the history of the University of North Carolina, the oldest public university in America.
It’s an easy walk. Wheelchairs are welcome.
Current schedule for free walking tours of Chapel Hill
This list reflects the tours listed on the website at the time of publication, but make sure to check the above links for updates and changes.
- Monday, August 12th, 2019, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 13th, 2019, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 13th, 2019, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 14th, 2019, 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 14th, 2019, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, August 15th, 2019, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, August 15th, 6 p.m.
- Friday, August 16th, 2019, 10 a.m.
- Friday, August 16th, 2019, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, August 17th, 2019, 10 a.m.
- Saturday, August 17th, 2019, 6 p.m.