Duke Homestead State Historic Site, at 2828 Duke Homestead Rd, Durham, is holding a free event, Pork, Pickles & Peanuts, on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022, from 10 a.m to 3 p.m.
Check out a huge list of summer festivals in the Triangle!
Celebrate North Carolina food and history and food at this fun family event.
The event includes BBQ and pie contests. You can taste the BBQ (for a small donation) and vote for your favorite.
The event also includes costumed interpreters demonstrating historical cooking methods, live music and local vendors.
There will be a cool down tent and a water sprinkler for kids to jump through. (BYO towel.)
- 10:45am People’s Choice BBQ Tasting Begins
- 11:30am BBQ and Pie Competition winners Announced
- 11:45am Grab a Slice of Pie! ($1 donation per slice while they last)
- 12:45pm People’s Choice BBQ Tasting Ends
- 1:10pm People’s Choice Award Winner Announced
- 2:30pm Raffle Drawing
On the Stage
- 10:00-10:30 – Walter Miller
- 10:40-11:10 – Pam Ross
- 11:20-11:50 – Hall Ash
- 12:00-12:30 – Anita Lorraine
- 12:40-1:10 – Michael Paris
- 1:20-1:50 – Matt Chambers
- 2:00-2:30 – Stevan Jackson
- Historic Cooking
- Boiled Peanuts
- Pickled fruits and vegetables
- Open House at the Duke Family Home
- Find the Pigs Scavenger Hunt & Coloring in the Museum
- Site Orientation Film: 15 minutes Before and After Each Hour
- Local Vendors
- Food Vendors
- Raffle Table
- Crafts & Games in the Kids Area & Historic Area
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We make every effort to make sure that everything on Triangle on the Cheap is 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and it's also possible that we can make a mistake.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
Check out a list of summer festivals in the Triangle, or take a quick look at upcoming festivals: