Get ready to celebrate the arts at Chapel Hill’s Festifall Arts Festival. On Saturday, October 12th, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., enjoy music, dance and performance art along West Franklin Street.
The festival will feature:
- More than 50 local artists, artisans and crafters
- Open Air Studio where you can watch artists work out in the open
- Kids Zone, with local arts organizations offering interactive crafts and activities
This is a free event.
Main Stage of Festifall
- 11 to 11:45 a.m.: Onyx Club Boys: an eclectic acoustic string band rooted in sounds of Gypsy jazz
- 12 to 12:45 p.m.: Skylar Gudasz: a luminous Durham based singer-songwriter
- 1 to 2 p.m.: Caique Vidal & Batuque: Afro-Brazilian singer and multi-instrumentalist
- 2:15 to 3 p.m.: Charly Lowry of Dark Water Rising: Rocky soul
Family Fun Zone
- Kids Graffiti Art Wall with Philip Marsh: make your mark using water-based spray paint
- The Scrap Exchange: invent an eco-friendly art creation made from unusual reclaimed materials
- The Ackland
- Chapel Hill Parks & Recreation Clay Studio: foster your self-expression with ceramic making
- Kidzu Children’s Museum
- Chalk Art
Dancing in the Streets
A variety of dance styles and performers will take over the intersection of Graham and Franklin Streets. You can join in!
- 11 to 11:30 a.m.: Indigo Dance Academy
- 12 to 12:30 p.m.: Venezuelan Dance Group
- 12:40 to 1:10 p.m.: Gemelos Zumba
- 1:45 to 2 p.m.: Carolina Irish Dance
- 2:10 to 2:24 p.m.: Prema Natya dance Academy
Printmaking at Festifall
presented by UNC’s Arts Everywhere
Taking printmaking to the next level! With the help of Supergraphic Print Lab in Durham, create and take home your very own commemorative Festifall poster only available at the event.
UNC’s Arts Everywhere will be demonstrating a large scale print using a 47” steamroller to press wood block prints onto canvases.
Open Air Artists
Supported by Orange County Arts Commission
Get inspired from the works of talented regional artists participating in live painting demonstrations throughout the event. Find them under shade scattered along the sidewalks.
- Katie Ree
- Kiara Sanders
- Raman Bhardwaj
- Rachel Penton
- Gustavo Mahn
- Karen Santrock
The Little Green Pig Theatrical Concern, Poetry Fox, and The Oracle will be joining us for FREE performances and experiences. Find them street-side within the footprint!
PlayMakers Mobile will also be presenting a free showing of Wilder & Wilder: A Medley of Thornton Wilder Short Plays.
Get Funky on Graham Street
Get a little crafty, a little artsy and real funky with our offbeat friends on Graham Street! Featuring:
- Wonderpuff: Artesian cotton candy
- Philip and Magdalina: tarot and spiritual readings
- Indigo & Edie & Company: handmade offbeat goods
- Worthy Women: Consent Culture lifestyle brand and clothing business
- Vickibewicked: Digital and traditional artist, cartoon style
- Thea Picard: vintage clothing
- Jedd photography: up close photography of nature with hand carved and died wood framing
- Porch Opossum Art: upscycled tie-dye, ceramics, and art
- Illumination by Inward Vine: Home decor
- Venuswraps: Crystal jewelry
- Vivid Emporium: West African handmade clothing and accessories
- Orchid/ Gypsy Lounge: handmade goods and vintage accessories
- Canine Cadie: pet service and needs
- Zita Voros: handmade stickers, prints and miscellaneous art
Festifall Takes Over Local 506
presented by UNC’s Arts Everywhere
Stop by this West Franklin all-ages venue for free music and dancing. Show begins at 1 p.m. with a Silent Disco starting at 3 p.m.!