The Carolina Theatre of Durham, at 309 West Morgan Street, Durham, NC, has announced a new sensory friendly film series.
These events are for people with autism and others who have sensory sensitivities.
Tickets are FREE.
You can reserve tickets in advance of the film screening online, by phone at 919-560-3030, or at the box office. A limited number of tickets will also be available at the box office thirty minutes before the film screening.
If you want to reserve more than four tickets, call the box office Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Learn about more sensory friendly and adaptive events throughout the Triangle, including performances and special museum times.
At the Sensory Friendly Film Series you can expect these differences:
- Lights will remain slightly up.
- The sound will be turned down.
- Audience members are encouraged to get up out of their seats, dance, walk, or sing.
- Families are permitted to bring their own snacks from home. Concessions will also be available for purchase.
- A quiet space with calming activities is available for anyone who may experience overstimulation during the film screening.
Booster seats, ear plugs and audio description or closed captioning devices will be available at the Box Office, for free.
2023 Sensory Friendly Film Series Schedule
The films are scheduled for 11:30 a.m. on the following Saturdays.
- July 8: Inside Out
- August 19: Spirited Away
- September 16: Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- October 28: Casper
- November 18: Coco
- December 9: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Upcoming Sensory-Friendly and Adaptive Events
Learn about sensory-friendly events around the Triangle, or take a quick look at some upcoming events:
Friday, September 29, 2023
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Saturday, October 28, 2023
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Saturday, November 18, 2023