Botanist & Barrel is a cidery and winery that crafts southern ciders, sours, and dry fruit wines. They use only locally, sustainably and organically sourced fruits, including blueberries, apple and more from their organic estate farm.
Their ciders and wines contain little or no sugar and are low calorie. They don’t use additives like sulfites and they don’t fine, filter or pasteurize their ciders or wines.
Botanist & Barrel is at 105 Persimmon Hill Lane, Cedar Grove, which is in Orange County, about 15 minutes from Hillsborough, and 30 minutes from Chapel Hill and Durham.
Botanist & Barrel presents many events, which you can find on their Facebook page.
Here are some that are coming up:
Apple Festival with Live Apple Pressing and Cider Donuts and more
Saturday, October 3rd, 2020
1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
$5 per car, which is a donation to North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
Very limited tickets are left. These are timed tickets, to keep attendance under control. Buy your ticket here.
Apple Season is in full swing! They’ll fire up the big apple press, and press apples all afternoon for a special cider release the following summer. You’ll be able to try fresh pressed apple juice, watch apples run through the mill, and learn about making cider.
- New cider releases, including the cider from last year’s Apple Fest.
- Pastry Chef Deric McGuffey will be serving up hot and fresh Apple Cider Donuts.
- Hot Mulled Cider. We will have both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options available.
- An apple tasting
- Honey, Jam + Apple Butter tastings.
- A nice fire to keep us warm.
- Porrons for cider drinking fun.
- Complimentary fresh tastes of cider
- Chef John Eisensmith from Season To Taste for the day helping to prepare apple-centric eats
If you’d like to bring home juice to make your own cider, it’s $7 a gallon. Bring your own clean vessel.
The Winery Comedy Tour
Saturday, October 10th, 2020
6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Nationally recognized comedians travel the country tasting local wines and making new fans in this new comedy circuit. Come out for a night of hilarious comedy and award-winning cider and wines. This comedy tour takes top comedians who you’ve seen on TV and sends them out on the road to perform at wineries throughout the country.
Subscribe to Triangle on the Cheap