Botanist & Barrel is a cidery and winery that crafts southern ciders, sours, and dry fruit wines. They use only locally, sustainably and organically sourced fruits, including blueberries, apple and more from their organic estate farm.
Their ciders and wines contain little or no sugar and are low calorie. They don’t use additives like sulfites and they don’t fine, filter or pasteurize their ciders or wines.
Fall is looking great around the Triangle, whether you’re looking for something spooky or totally kid-friendly! Check out our HUGE list of fall festivals, as well as our list of pumpkin patches, haunted trails and corn mazes! We have also put together a big list of Halloween events and Trick or Treat events!
Botanist & Barrel is at 105 Persimmon Hill Lane, Cedar Grove, which is in Orange County, about 15 minutes from Hillsborough, and 30 minutes from Chapel Hill and Durham.
Botanist & Barrel presents many events, which you can find on their Facebook page.
Live music: Solar Hearts
Saturday, September 25th, 2021
3 to 5 p.m.
Saturday, October 2nd, 2021
12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
$5 per car
The $5 per car benefits a local non-profit. There are not a lot of timed tickets left, so don’t delay.
Here’s what’s going on:
- Apple pressing all afternoon for a special cider release next summer
- Try fresh-pressed apple juice and watch the apples run through the mill
- New cider releases
- Hot and fresh apple cider donuts
- Hot mulled cider (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options)
- Apple tasting
- A fire to keep everyone warm
- Porrons (traditional glass bottle with a a pointed spout)
- Live music from Sheila Casalett
If you’d like to purchase juice to make your own cider, the cost os $7 a galloon. Please bring your own cleaned vessel.
Check out a list of upcoming festivals: