The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Durham (NAMI) and Project Passport LLC are partnering to launch “Around the World of Mental Health: A Virtual Escape”
They will take you through your own world of mental health along with the world of mental health and wellness resources around you. Presenters all over the triangle area taking part.
Learn about how important mental health is to your daily life and what you can do to continue to maintain it through unique, virtual immersion.
The event takes place online on Saturday, August 8th, 2020, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with optional extended times.
8:30AM – 9:30 AM (optional)
Coffee With the Counselors & Coaches: Enjoy an optional welcome session with coaches and counselors over warm drinks! Have the opportunity to sign up for counseling or coaching consultation sessions!
10:00AM- 10:20AM (official event start)
Welcome: Led by Project Passport with an interactive welcome activity and introduction of sponsors and NAMI Durham; introduction of event scavenger hunt rules and guidelines.
10:20 AM- 12:15PM
Break Outs #1 (7 rotations): Participants are assigned to their event cohort and explained rules and guidelines of rotations. This portion of the event will be 7 rotations amongst 12 interactive fun mental health and wellbeing activities by presenters.
Includes a Kazoo play-along and Yoga Session
12:15PM – 1:15PM (optional)
Healthy Cook-a-long Party with Kingdom Minded Health & Nutrition: Jason, nutritionist, will teach participants about healthy eating (and how it impacts the mind) through a recipe that the group will have the opportunity to prepare together.
1:15PM – 3:10PM
Break Outs #2 (7 rotations): Participants take part in 7 more rotations of interactive health and wellness activities with presenters.
Includes a Dance Break and Selfie Hangout Session
3:10PM – 3:30PM (official event end)
Special Closing Presentation with NAMI and Project Passport: End of event closing activity, announcement of the winners for raffle and scavenger hunt, and survey!
3:30PM – 4:30PM (optional)
Hang with the Presenters 1-hour Kickback: This is a chance for presenters to network and connect as well as answer any last minute participant questions.
What to Expect
- Reserve your spot. Keep an eye on your email and physical mailbox!
- Particate in interactive health and wellness activities by each of the presenters. And attend our optional experiences as well!
- You will receive a pre-event welcome kit and main event welcome kit to prepare for the virtual event in the mail by August 1, 2020.
- During the event, you will be participating in a virtual scavenger hunt with clues provided by presenters to help you solve a master mystery question. Text your final answer to designated number. Hang out til the end of the event to see if you won a prize!
- Hang out for raffle prizes and our closing event presentation.