At this event families from around the Triangle are welcome to come and shop for new and “like new” toys for their kids of all ages. The best part? It’s all FREE.
We’ve put together a huge list of holiday events in the Triangle, including parades, festivals, markets, Santa visits, and more. Check out our growing day by day list of holiday events in the Triangle!
Shoppers do not to qualify or to prove their need. The church trusts that all who come to the event could use a little help this season to provide gifts to your children.
To avoid waiting in long lines, please register for a time slot in advance. It’s not required, but recommended. Register here.
Shopping times are scheduled in 30-minute increments, however, each shopper will have 25-minutes to shop once the floor opens.
Each shopper will be given a Triangle Toy Takeaway bag. Only one bag will be given per family. Those who registered online will be allowed to enter first and only 50 shoppers at a time will be allowed on the floor.
Each shopper is allowed 10 points. Some items are 0 points (such as most stuffed animals and books), others could be 8 points (such as new bikes).
Shoppers will have the opportunity to get their gifts wrapped for free before they exit!
In addition, the event will feature:
- Hot chocolate and coffee station
- Snacks and cookie station
- Childcare with crafts (parents must stay on property)
- Fun activities for the kids
Donating and Volunteering
Are you in a position where you can donate to the event, or volunteer? Find out all the details about donating toys and volunteering, but in short:
The church will be accepting donations from October 2nd to November 8th, 2022, at the following hours:
- Sundays: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday to Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- For after hours donation, or to volunteer, find info here
Donations the church can accept:
- New, unwrapped, or “like-new” (gently used) toys
- Gift certificates
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, and other outdoor gear
- New art supplies
- Baby items: strollers, wagons, carriers, new packs of diapers, high chairs, etc.
- Musical instruments
- Dress up costumes
- New or working like-new technology such as gaming systems and tablets
- New earbuds or headphones
- New and unwrapped make-up and accessories
- Books and stuffed animals
The church can not accept:
- Clothing (not to be confused with dress-up costumes)
- Items exposed to cigarette smoke
- Items with marker marks or in need of cleaning
- Any items containing explicit content
- Used art supplies, make-up, etc.
- Items that are broken
Look for updates on the Facebook event.
More Holiday Events in the Triangle
Check out our big list of holiday events in the Triangle, or look at a few of them here: