Star Trek Day is preparing to beam you up to a whole new virtual experience for the annual celebration.
On September 8, 1966, Star Trek made its inaugural launch onto TV screens with “The Man Trap” pilot episode of Star Trek: The Original Series. This date is now celebrated as the official Star Trek Day.
This year, the event is going virtual with panels, special guests, and an episode marathon.
Star Trek Day Panels
Fans worldwide will be able to livestream the Star Trek Day panels for free. Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton will host three and a half hours of programming that will bring together cast members and creative minds from nine Star Trek television series.
The panels will explore Star Trek stories from years past to present and offer exclusive sneak peeks into what’s next in the Star Trek Universe on CBS All Access.
Star Trek Day panels will start at 12 p.m. and include the cast and creatives from the following Star Trek television series:
- Star Trek: Discovery, with series stars Sonequa Martin-Green and David Ajala and co-showrunners and executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Michelle Paradise.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, with series stars Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck; executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers; and co-executive producers Akela Cooper and Davy Perez.
- Star Trek: Enterprise, with series stars Scott Bakula, Linda Park, John Billingsley, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery and Connor Trinneer.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, with series stars Terry Farrell, Alexander Siddig, Armin Shimerman, Nana Visitor, Cirroc Lofton and executive producer Ira Steven Behr.
- Star Trek: The Original Series, with series star George Takei and the CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, Rod Roddenberry.
- Star Trek: Lower Decks, with voice cast Jack Quaid, Tawny Newsome, Noël Wells and Eugene Cordero and series creator, showrunner and executive producer Mike McMahan.
Star Trek: Voyager, with series stars Kate Mulgrew, Robert Picardo, Robert McNeill, Garrett Wang, Tim Russ and Ethan Phillips.
Star Trek Marathon
For fans based in the U.S. only, Star Trek Day celebrations will kick off with a marathon of episodes from eight different Star Trek television series. The marathon will pause for the duration of the Star Trek Day global panels and will resume afterward.
The Star Trek marathon schedule:
12:00 a.m.– Star Trek Day streaming marathon begins. Episode streaming order:
- “Broken Bow 1 & 2” (Enterprise)
- “Caretaker, 1 & 2” (Voyager)
- “Encounter at Farpoint, 1 & 2” (The Next Generation)
- “The Vulcan Hello” (Discovery)
- “Emissary, 1 & 2” (Deep Space Nine)
- “Second Contact” (Lower Decks)
- “Remembrance” (Picard)
- “The Man Trap” (The Original Series)
- “Children of Mars” (Short Treks)
- “The Visitor” (Deep Space Nine)
- “Yesterday’s Enterprise” (The Next Generation)
- “Calypso” (Short Treks)
- “The City on the Edge of Forever” (The Original Series)
- “Ask Not” (Short Treks)
12:00 p.m. – Marathon break; Star Trek Day global panels take place
3:30 p.m. – Star Trek Day streaming marathon continues Episode streaming order:
- The Girl Who Made the Stars” (Short Treks)
- “Living Witness” (Voyager)
- “Q&A” (Short Treks)
- “Envoys” (Lower Decks)
- “The Best of Both Worlds,1 & 2” (The Next Generation)
- “More Tribbles, More Troubles” (The Animated Series)
- “The Brightest Star” (Short Treks)
- “Regeneration” (Enterprise)
- “Through the Valley of Shadows” (Discovery)
- “Ephraim and Dot” (Short Treks)
9:00 p.m. – Marathon concludes and Star Trek Day global panels replay.
The virtual event takes place at startrek.com/day.Subscribe to Triangle on the Cheap
Upcoming Events in the Triangle -- both virtual and in-personCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Thursday, October 22, 2020