NOTE: We have a contest for free tickets! Learn about winning tickets to Pullen Park’s Holiday Express!
Holiday Express, the popular holiday train in Pullen Park, is back in December, 2023. Tickets will go on sale October 4, 2023.
They will sell out almost immediately, so set a reminder.
This year’s event will take place on 17 nights from November 29 to December 15, 2023.
We’ve put together a huge list of holiday events in the Triangle, including parades, festivals, markets, Santa visits, and more. Check out our growing day by day list of holiday events in the Triangle!
Holiday Express 2023 Ticketing Update
For any updates to the process, please go to raleighnc.gov/parks/services/holiday-express. You can also find clarification to questions there.
- Holiday Express ticket sales will utilize a virtual queue. The virtual queue opens at 8:45 a.m. on Oct. 4, 2023, and can be accessed by going directly to RecLink.
- When ticket sales open at 9 a.m. on Oct. 4, all guests in the queue will be randomized and placed into line.
- All guests arriving at the website after 9 a.m. will be placed at the end of the queue.
If you lose access to the site at any time, please re-enter the queue by going to RecLink.
- Tickets are limited to 8 per household/credit card/IP Address. Any guests who have purchased more than 8 tickets may have all the tickets canceled.
- Tickets are $16 plus tax per guest and are non-refundable, but they are transferrable. Please note transferrable between guests, not transferrable between nights. Tickets may not be sold for more than face value. Tickets are required for all guests ages one and older (12 months and under, no ticket required.).
- The train time you purchase is the time you are required to ride. If you miss your train time, you may attempt to ride standby starting at 8:30 p.m. Requests for changes to train times cannot be honored. Please arrive at the train station 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled train time.
- Tickets (barcode) will be emailed to the email address you provided. If you do not see it, please check your SPAM folder, the email will come from Raleigh Parks.
- For information about the event or specific ticketing questions, call 919-996-6468 or email HolidayExpress@Raleighnc.gov.
Love Christmas lights? Check out our huge list of the best, most incredible, Christmas light displays in the Triangle.
Sensory Friendly Event Information
New this year, there will be a sensory-friendly daytime event on December 9, 2023, from 3 to 5 p.m.
This event is designed to create a more enjoyable atmosphere for individuals with sensory needs. This Sensory Friendly Event will include lower decibel music, decreased capacity to provide more space between crowds, no strobe lights, as well as access to a quiet area to decompress from sensory overload. While you will be enjoying our holiday lights during daylight hours, there will be some lights that have easy or slow movements. Sensory bags with headphones, fidgets, and additional supplies will be available.
Holiday Express Activities
The activities at Holiday Express include:
- Train Ride with Holiday Lights
- Candy Cane Lane: Create your own souvenir, make a bag of reindeer food, write a letter to Santa, candy-themed inflatables
- Holiday Highway: take a stroll around the lake and remember some of the best holidays of the year.
- Santa’s Toy Shop: This is a walk-through experience, where you might see Santa, and have a brief chat, but there won’t be sit-down photo opportunities
- S’more Station: Enjoy a treat and learn about holiday fire safety from the Raleigh Fire Department
- Yeti Hunt
- Gingerbread Gove (27-foot-tall gingerbread slide, Hansel and Gretel’s Great Escape, more)
- Arctic Avenue (frosty playground with games and activities)
- Blizzard Boogie, with an assortment of games, prizes and a snowball fight
- Rotary Snow Globe Experience: Step inside a giant snow globe for a spectacular photo opportunity
For information about the event or specific ticketing questions, call 919-996-6468 or email HolidayExpress@Raleighnc.gov.
More Holiday Events in the Triangle
Check out our big day by day list of holiday events in the Triangle, or look at a few of them here: