Holiday Express, which will be at Pullen Park December 4th through 8th, 2019, and December 11th through 15th, is one of the most popular events of the winter. December 9th and 16th are rain dates.
It’s inexpensive as well, at just $12.25 per ticket, including fees.
- Train Ride: Enjoy the holiday lights as you hop aboard the Holiday Express train! Your designated ride time is located on your event ticket. Children under two years without a paid admission must be held or sit in the lap of an accompanying adult during the duration of the train ride. They cannot occupy a seat. Arrive at the train station 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Carousel: Choose your favorite animal and enjoy unlimited rides on the historic carousel.
- Visit with Santa/North Pole: The line to see Santa will take place in a virtual queue. If you plan to see Santa, we suggest checking in with event staff immediately upon your arrival at the event, as wait times may be long. While you’re waiting, please enjoy the rest of Holiday Express.
- Kris Kringle Carnival: Play classic carnival games and giant board games with a holiday twist.
- Ornament Station: Design an ornament to remember Holiday Express.
- Holiday Craft Station: Create a holiday craft to enjoy all season long.
- North Pole Treasures Gift Shop: Stop by for fun themed merchandise, ornaments and light up toys.
- Reindeer Food Station: Make reindeer food to sprinkle on the lawn on Christmas Eve.
- Sledding Hill: Take an awesome and super-fast sled ride down a real snow covered slide.
- RFD S’more Station: Enjoy a delicious treat and learn about fire safety from the Raleigh FireDepartment.
- Rotary’s Snowglobe Experience: Step inside a giant snowglobe for a spectacular photo opportunity.
- Candy Cane Hunt: Grab a map and seek out the hidden candy canes to win a cool prize!
- Santa’s Snacks Heated Seating: Enjoy your delicious snacks in a heated tent next to Santa’s Workshop.
However, it’s not so easy to get those tickets. They go on sale Tuesday, July 30th…at 5:30 a.m. Last year they sold out very quickly, so, yes, you really do have to set your alarm if you want to snag some.
Sorry to say this, but we can do nothing to help you get tickets. We’re just sharing the information.
Tickets will be for sale on Eventbrite only. Here’s the link.
Tickets are not transferrable. There is a limit of 8 tickets per household.
Pullen Place Cafe will be open for food purchases during the event. And Limited Edition Pullen Park Ornaments are available for pre-purchase at the time of your ticket order. Last year’s ornament was the Carousel Pig.
Heres’ a video one family took from the train in 2017: