Join the Historic Resources and Museum Program for Oberlin Festival at Latta House and University Site, 1001 Parker Street, Raleigh, on Saturday, September 22nd, 2018, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Located in the historic Oberlin Neighborhood, this two acre site was home to the Reverend M.L. Latta House and University. The property comprises the remnant land area of Latta University founded in 1892 and the site of the former Latta residence.
This is a free event and even includes free BBQ plates from Centro and Bida Manda.
Here’s what’s going on at the festival:
- Community organizations
- Wilson Temple UMC Choir
- Ringtones Barbershop Quartet
- Longleaf School of the Arts Dance Company
- NC Association of Black Storytellers
- Tours of the Oberlin cemetery
- Historic games and crafts with Stagville State Historic Site
- Wood working
- Cowrie Shell Necklace Making
Interactive displays and information about the site:
- The Historic Resources and Museum Program
- Stagville State Historic Site
- City of Raleigh Museum
- Latta House Foundation
- Friends of Oberlin Village
- NC African American Heritage Commission
- Afro-American Historical & Genealogical Society
- Wilson Temple UMC