Help celebrate 50 years of Mordecai Historic Park, 1 Mimosa Street, Raleigh, as a public park! Mordecai Historic Park’s 50th Anniversary Festival takes place on Saturday, September 10th, 2022, from 12 to 4 p.m. This is a free event.
Hear from community partners about their work, explore the park’s history since 1972, and see inside some of the historic buildings to learn about future plans for the park.
Activities will include:
- Special performances and presentations throughout the park by local groups such as MOJOAA, Seed Art Share, and the Triangle Shape Note Singers
- Discounted $5 trolley tours of downtown Raleigh (Pre-registration available for tours on the hour at 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm, and 3 pm; first come, first served availability the day of for tours on the half hour at 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, and 3:30 pm)
- Free crafts and park-wide activities
- Free entry to the Mordecai House and other historic buildings
- Q and A session with The Ghost Guild
- Raleigh Sister Cities exhibitions
- Cultural displays
- Food trucks
Please call the Mordecai Visitor Center at (919) 996-4364 for questions or more information.
Check out a big list of fall festivals in the Triangle, or take a quick look at a few upcoming festivals here: