The Mason Jar Lager Co., at 341 E. Broad Street, Fuquay-Varina, hosts frequent events, many of them free.
You can find them on The Mason Jar’s Facebook page.
Here’s some of what’s coming up:
Doggers and Lagers
Saturday, May 19th
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Come out for a fun time benefiting Saving Grace NC. Enjoy bar trick demos and a fun-sized agility course for your pup, as well as a doggie kissing booth. Merry Franksters will be on hand serving up hot dogs to the humans while Just 4 Dogs Mobile Dog Treats will be offering treats for the four-legged friends.
Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby
Sunday, May 20th, 2018
2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
$15 to compete
Stuft Gourmet Potatoes from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Must be 21 to participate
- Sign up in the taproom for $15, which includes your bat
- All bats must be 32″ wiffle ball bats, purchased at the taproom. Bats may be stuffed and taped, with no weight requirements or restrictions
- Bat taping workshops will be held 5/6 and 5/13 at the taproom
- There will be a Men’s and Women’s division champion
- This will be a single-elimination bracket-style tournament with players going head-to-head to see who advances.
- Players will get 10 swings (or strikes) per round. The most home runs moves on to the next round
- Anything other than a home run (including misses, foul balls, and pitches landing in the strike zone) will be counted as an out
- In the event of a tie, a 3-swing playoff will occur until a winner is produced.
- Home Runs may be robbed by the opposing player! Since you are playing one other person, you get to play in the outfield while he/she is batting and try to rob home runs.
- You may NOT bring your own pitcher. Adam will be the all-time pitcher.