Joel Lane Museum House, 160 S Saint Marys St, Raleigh, will host its annual Colonial Christmas Open House on Saturday, December 7th, 2019, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The family-friendly event is free to attend but donations are appreciated.
Here’s some of what will be going on:
- The house will be decorated in traditional Colonial holiday décor.
- Re-enactors will demonstrate scenes of 18th century life.
- Costumed docents will share information about the house and grounds.
- Live music
- Children will participate in colonial games and crafts through the “Hands-on History” program.
- Shoppinh at the museum store for gifts
- Annual bake sale
- Free cup of Wassail (traditional hot spiced cider drink)
For more information, please call (919) 833-3431.