Raleigh Wine Shop, at 126 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, welcomes wine novices and connoisseurs alike with a bright, inviting atmosphere and varied price points on quality wines created with the purity of the fruit in mind. They focus on selecting ‘honest’ wines that use grapes farmed with a genuine care for the land and that are crafted with a sense of place of origin.
All of the traditional wine sources from around the world are well represented; from France, Italy and the United States to Chile and Portugal, every selection offers the aromas, flavors and overall balance that they feel are true to character and convey a sense of where those grapes were grown. They are eager to help you discover the wines you’ll love.
Raleigh Wine Shop schedules many events, including free tastings.
The weekend of May 17th to 19th, 2019, Raleigh Wine Shop is celebrating its 8th anniversary with free tastings, discounts and giveaways all weekend. Here’s what’s going on (copied directly from Raleigh Wine Shop’s website.) Note that some of the featured products are free (samples) and some are for sale. We’ve listed them all.
- Friday, May 17th: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 18th: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19th: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Look for updates on the Facebook event.
All Weekend Long
- Big discounts on wine! Up to 30% off on over 40 special selections throughout the store making this our biggest anniversary sale ever! No ‘closeout’ wines here, but wines that we’ve vetted and love recommending everyday.
- Even more discounts on wine. In addition to our special selections, our entire inventory of wines are on sale. We’re upping our normal discounts to 15% off any 6 bottles or 20% off any 12 bottles or more – mix or match throughout the shop
- 15% off all provisions, accessories, and apparel
- 10% off all our classes with any purchase
- 10% off your first month when you sign up for Sir Walt’s Wine Club
- 10% off growlers to go in both 1 Liter and 1/2 Liter sizes of all of our beers and wines on tap
Free Tastings & Drink Specials
- Free wine and provisions tastings rotating all weekend long!
- Special importer tasting with Debra Lewis of Vintage ’59
- Must see and taste Provence rosé by the glass special poured from a quadruple magnum bottle – while it lasts
- Saturday morning, celebrate with glasses of Emendis ‘Can Xa’ Cava mimosas
- 25% off all wines by the glass out of the WineStation which will be loaded with special deep discounted wine so you can try even more before you buy.
- The premiere of our ‘bucket list’ summer drink specials!
Special Events & Giveaways!
- Enter to win WineStation cards, gift certificates, t-shirts, and more
- Throughout the weekend, a kickoff rosé party with Lucettegrace, Longleaf Swine BBQ food truck posted up in our parking lot and a Brewery Bhavana tap takeover
Friday, May 17th: Store Hours: 11am – 8pm
Swing by on Friday to get the biggest selection and first shot at some of the deepest discounts we’ll have all year. Plus, a kickoff party Friday evening with our Rosé Spectacular, treats from Lucettegrace and glasses of Provence rosé poured from an Imperial, 6 Liter, quadruple magnum bottle while it lasts.
5pm – 8pm: Rosé Spectacular
We’ll have 3 free tasting stations set up around the shop so you can try some of our favorite rosés in all different styles. From the classics out of Provence to sparkling fun from Austria, there’s a rosé for everyone.
5pm – 8pm: Dessert by Lucettegrace
Our good friends at Lucettegrace are making a new seasonal treat just for our anniversary rosé kickoff party – cream puff strawberry rosé ice cream sandwiches! Grab a sandwich (while they last!) and imbibe in some delicious rosé all night long.
Saturday, May 18th: Store Hours: 10am – 7pm
The shop will be open early for y’all to shop our storewide sale before the crowds, Emendis ‘Can Xa’ mimosas, and a plethora of free tastings wine and provisions tasting rotating all day long including a special importer tasting with Debra Lewis of Vintage ’59.
10am – Noon: Emendis ‘Can Xa’ Mimosas
Start your day with something sparkling. Can Xa Cava Mimosas and glasses of Can Xa bubbly for $2 will be poured while you shop our awesome store-wide sale.
Noon – 3pm: Importer Tasting with Debra Lewis
Debra Lewis of renowned French importer Vintage 59 will be pouring some of her artisanally made wines from her impressive portfolio.
Noon – 3pm: Free Wine Tastings
Ariel Tetterton of Advintage Distributing and Robin Bodwin of Proof Wine & Spirits will be tasting some stellar wines from their portfolios.
Noon – 3pm: Charcuterie tasting
We’ll have new salumi from Charlito’s Cocina Salumi and freshly curated cheese plates and samples from Orrman’s Cheese Shop so you can taste their delicious, wine-friendly, handmade provisions.
3pm – 6pm: More Wine Tastings
Tracy Jacobs Ervin of Rise Over Run will be pouring some delicious new arrivals and our very own James Voltz will be pouring some staff favorite wines on some of the deepest discounts in the store.
3pm – 6pm: Provisions & Snacks
We’ll be tasting some of our favorite snacks to enjoy with a good glass of wine from both trusted and new provisioners such as Five Points Baking Co., Bruce Julian Heritage Foods, Kyookz Pickles and Escazu Artisan Chocolates.
Sunday, May 19th: Store Hours: Noon – 5pm
Join us once again to close out the Anniversary weekend on Sunday for lunch with Longleaf Swine BBQ.
Noon – 4pm: Longleaf Swine BBQ Food Truck
Before they open up at Transfer Co. Food Hall, we’re welcoming Longleaf Swine food truck to post up in our parking lot so you can enjoy some of their fantastic whole hog BBQ and smoked meats and shop the last day of our storewide sale.
Noon – 3pm: Crude Bitters Tasting & Wine Cocktail
Craig Rudewicz of Crude Bitters & Sodas will be tasting some of his nationally acclaimed, local bitters and will be making a special wine-based Tiki cocktail for you to sample.
Noon – 4pm: Wine & Beer On Tap
Brewery Bhavana will be taking over our beer taps to pour some of their delicious local beers to pair with your BBQ sammies. We’ll also be pouring some delicious wines and be filling both 1/2 liter and 1 liter growlers of all the beers and wines on draft – at a discount – for you to take home and enjoy.
Noon – 4pm: Last Chance Tasting
We’ll be pouring more of our deep discount wines for you to try before you buy and get some incredible deals before the anniversary sale ends.
Noon – 5pm: Summer Bucket List Premiere
On Sunday, we’re launching out summer by the glass special of chilled buckets of some of our favorite little bottles and cans of wine and wine cocktails for you to enjoy on our patio or in the shop. Get ready to check this off your bucket list!