North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences always offers free admission, but you might not be aware of the free and inexpensive events, beyond the exhibits, that it offers. You can view all their events here. Some are free and some have fees associated with them. Here are a few upcoming free and cheap events.
Make sure to check the location.
- Prairie Ridge Ecostation, 1671 Gold Star Drive, Raleigh
- Downtown Raleigh, 11 W. Jones Street, Raleigh
- Nature Research Center, 121 W. Jones Street, Raleigh
The museum has reopened!
Virtual Trivia Tuesdays
Every Tuesday (currently scheduled through August 31st, 2021, except for July 13th)
Free, but registration required (follow above link)
Join North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences online for Virtual Trivia Tuesdays! Follow the above link to the Facebook event. This will contain links to play.
This is a great opportunity to virtually mingle with friends, compete for bragging rights and perhaps even learn something cool.
Questions feature a mix of science facts, current news, pop culture and scientific discoveries.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPATION:
After you register (follow above link to register), you will need 2 browser windows or 2 devices to play. One for the livestream where you will receive the questions and one to select your answers within the Kahoot Quiz platform.
- To watch the live stream and follow the questions, go to the YouTube link they will email you when you register.
- To answer the questions and receive a score at the end, go to http://kahoot.it.
- Enter the game PIN, which they will give you on the YouTube screen once we go live.
- Click “Spin” to receive a username.
- Spin again for a different username or click to join the game.
- Select the correct answers or type in your answer as the question requires.
Upcoming Events in the Triangle -- both virtual and in-personCheck out our full events calendar, where you can enter any date, or look at the events for the next few days here:
Monday, August 2, 2021
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Weekly on Tuesday @ 6:00 pm (April 7, 2020 - August 31, 2021)