UPDATE: Food Truck Flix is no longer operating.
Food Truck Flix is a hugely popular recurring event that combines drive-in movies with food trucks, for a fun, safe entertainment experience.
This spring, they will only be operating one weekend a month.
This spring, Food Truck Flix will take place at:
- Frontier RTP, 800 Park Offices, Durham
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC, 1924 Capital Boulevard, Raleigh
You can purchase tickets in advance for any of the drive-in movies. The price is $25 or $35 per car, depending on the location. Of course, you’ll also want to bring money for the food trucks.
Profits go to a local non-profit. See Food Truck Flix website for an update on the organization.
Food Trucks Flix regularly sold out, so make sure to get your Valentine’s Day tickets right away. You do need to purchase them in advance.
Food Truck Flix FAQ
Read on to see the movie schedule and a link to buy tickets, but first, here is some information on safety and more, from the FAQ.
- What do we do when we arrive? Have your phone ready with your pass, or a printed version of your pass, to show the parking attendant. Follow the attendants’ directions to your spot. You will be given an instruction and rules sheet upon arrival with more info. Remain in your car unless you need the restroom or in case of emergency, masks required when leaving the vehicle for those reasons.
- What if passes are sold out on the night I wish to attend? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name to be added to the wait list. You will be informed no later than 5PM on the day of the showing if a pass becomes available.
- What if it rains? This event will occur rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, please check the Food Truck Flix website and social media for updates. Cancellations will be made if absolutely necessary and your pass will be applied to a future event of your choice.
- How do I show proof of purchase? Your confirmation email and pass you immediately received upon purchase. You may show it on your phone or print it out.
- Do I need a parking pass in order to attend Food Truck Flix? YES! Anyone without a pass will be turned away due to limited spots.
- How is the movie shown and how does the audio work? The movie will be displayed on a 40′ x 20′ screen, and audio will be received through your FM radio. Instructions on how to tune in will be given to you upon arrival. There are no other audio options (including streaming). If your FM radio does not work, there are limited portable radios available for your use upon request.
- How do we get our food ? Is the food included in the cost ? You can order your meal from the listed trucks via the Street Food Finder (SFF) app or website once you’re on site. MUST INCLUDE YOUR SPOT NUMBER which you will know upon parking. They will have food runners bring you your meal. The parking pass does NOT include food, so please consider supporting these local businesses by ordering dinner for you and your guests! Visit the “food trucks” page for more information.
- Are we allowed to get out of our cars or sit outside of our cars? No. Due to the safety of the staff and other guests, they will require you to remain in or on your car throughout the duration of the event. You are allowed to leave your vehicle for emergency or restroom use only, and you are required to wear a mask if you do so. You are permitted to “tailgate” by sitting in the back of your vehicle or truck bed or by sitting on your car, at your own risk.
- What do we do if our radio is not working or we have an issue with a food order? If these or any other concerns arise during the event, please call the contact number at 919.885.4792 and they will send someone to assist you!
- What if we need to use the restroom? There are portable restrooms and hand wash/sanitizer stations on site! You must wear a mask when leaving your vehicle for the restroom.
- How do we know what movies are playing? Visit the “movie passes” page for updates or follow Food Truck Flix on social media (Insta @foodtruck.flix) (Facebook @foodtruckflix) .
- How are spots determined? Smaller cars must go towards the front and as the car size increases, so does the distance from the screen. Anyone who decides to tailgate by opening their hatch and sitting in the back of the car will also be required to go to the back. This is not to be considered an indoor cinematic experience, they do our best to get you a good view regardless of where you are but it is an outdoor theatre and that should be considered.
Subscribe to Triangle on the Cheap