Two hugely popular festivals at Dix Park, Destination Dix and SunFest, are combining into one festival this year.
It will now take place on Saturday, July 13th, 2019, from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Admission is free, and so are all the activities and rides.
Dorothea Dix Park is at 2105 Umstead Drive, Raleigh.
This event features a FREE ferris wheel and carousel! All rides, games and activities at the event are free. Scroll down for a huge list of activities and features of this festival.
The night will end with a fireworks display at 9 p.m.
Registration is not required, but is appreciated for planning purposes.
Wellness and Play at Destination Dix
- Amusement Rides – Celebrate the child within by experiencing the Ferris Wheel, carousel, fun slide, swings, and inflatables.
- Putt Putt – Enjoy a healthy game of miniature golf, getting your steps in as you walk the course.
- Bubble + Water Play – Chase bubbles as you hop and skip through the field and cool off with a water slide.
Arts and Culture at Destination Dix
- Live Music – Sit back and enjoy local musicians performing all day long.
- Air Brushing + Balloon Twisting – Display your creative side with air brush body art or a creative inflated design.
- Scrap Exchange – Craft a unique art project with upcycled materials.
- Art Activity – Get creative through an interactive art experience with Kid Lab artists.
Food and Community at Destination Dix
- Local Food and Beer – Experience local fare from some of the triangle’s favorite vendors with seating areas to mingle with neighbors.
- Yard Games – Gather with friends and meet new people over a friendly game of cornhole, connect 4 and more.
- Raleigh Police and Fire Department – Connect with your local police officers and fire fighters who work hard to create a safe community for us all.
Gardens and Ecology at Destination Dix
- Sunflower Field – Visit the 5 acres of sunflowers planted at Dix Park.
- Garden Activity – Ask a Gardener for at-home plant care tips and take home a giveaway from our Raleigh Parks team.
- Mobile Biofuel Processor – Watch as City of Raleigh makes biodiesel from the sunflowers harvested by Public Utilities.
- Vendors – Hear about other environmental initiatives with Sustainability and Stormwater staff including pollinator habitat and water conservation.
History and Reflection at Destination Dix
- Historic Hayrides – Take a hayride around beautiful Dix Park that highlights views of historic buildings and unique landscapes. Guided tours will be offered each half hour.
- History Display – Explore the past with portions of the current exhibit at the City of Raleigh Museum, From Plantation to Park: The Story of Dix Hill.
Entertainment + Music Schedule
- 2:45 – 4:00 pm – Africa Unplugged
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm – The Sunday Special
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm – Hammer No More The Fingers
- 7:30 – 9:00 pm – 120 Minutes
Food and drink vendors
- Queso Monster NC
- Poblanos Tacos
- Gussy’s Greek
- Jay’s Italian Ice
- Lake Pine Brusters
- Brooklyn Boys Pizza
- Mr Softee Wake
- Taco Grande
- Hotcakes and Chicken
- Jam Ice Cream
- Beefy Buns
- Curry in a Hurry
- Lynnwood Brewing
- Carolina Brewing
- Trophy Brewing
- Bull City Ciderworks
- Compass Rose Brewing
- Fortnight Beer
- Raleigh Brewing
- Big Boss Brewing
There will be no parking on Dorothea Dix Park campus for this event. Free vehicle parking will be available on NC State Centennial Campus with a free shuttle running between the parking lots and Dorothea Dix Park.
- All event parking will be on NC State Centennial Campus
- You can access event parking lots from Centennial Parkway
- You can access Centennial Parkway from Lake Wheeler Road and I-40 or from Avent Ferry Road
- There will no parking on Dorothea Dix Park campus
- Free parking shuttles will be available near parking lots
- You are welcome to walk from parking lots to the festival
Shuttles will begin running at 2:00 pm and will continue until 11:00 pm
Drop-Off + Pick-Up for Ride Share will occur on Partners Way on NC State Centennial Campus
Ride Share vehicles will not be allowed on Dorothea Dix Park campus
Bikes + Scooters
Bike and Scooter parking will be available at the soccer field parking lots on Hunt Drive
- Dogs are not permitted
- No outside alcohol
- Bring a blanket or lawn chairs
- You can bring a small cooler or picnic basket of food, but there will be plenty of food trucks, beer, ice cream and more
- No smoking
- No drones