Celebrate and learn about Guatemalan food and culture on Day of Guatemala in Raleigh Saturday, June 8th, 2019, from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
It takes place at the Parking Lot Food Bank, 1924 Capital Boulevard, Raleigh.
This is a free event.
Two years ago, during the inauguration of the Consulate General of Guatemala, Mayor McFarlane proclaimed that day as Guatemala Day in Raleigh. This is the second anniversary celebration of the proclamation.
Some of what’s going on:
- Free games
Here’s the schedule:
- 4:30 p.m.: Marimba Maya Awal
- 5:30 p.m.: Sandra Camila
- 5:50 p.m.: Comunidad Coataneca
- 6 p.m.: Ceremonia Protocolo
- 7 p.m.: Grupo Musical de Guatemala Familia Reyes
- 7:30 p.m.: Grupo de Baile Takiri
- 7:30 p.m.: Marching Band