John Chavis Memorial Park, 505 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Raleigh, is hosting Juneteenth Jubilee, a series of free events that celebrate and honor African American culture through history, entertainment, dancing and more.
The events take place from Monday, June 12, to Friday, June 16, 2023.
Learn about more Juneteenth celebrations around the Triangle!
- Monday night will feature the rich historical events of Juneteenth and will include information on Raleigh’s Black history. 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday, June 12, 2023.
- Tuesday evening will be the kickoff for our six-week program, Fun Fitness in the Park, which will feature line dancing on the plaza. 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, June 13, 2023.
- JCMP Presents: Chavis Palooza on Wednesday night will include excitement for the entire family through activities, games, and more. 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Wednesday, June 14, 2023.
- For Thursday evening, Chavis Frolics Dance Party on the plaza will have you dance the night away, and the Summer Movie Series will take place in the Reception Hall. 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Thursday, June 15, 2023.
- Finally, Friday will be Lunch and Jam, where there will be food trucks and beats. Let us be your lunch break getaway. Come on down to Chavis Town! 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Friday, June 16, 2023.
More Juneteenth Events in the Triangle
Learn about all the Juneteenth events taking place in the Triangle, or check out a quick list here: