Saturday, October 6th, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Celebrate Fuquay-Varina Festival will take place in Historic Downtown Fuquay. It’s free to attend and draws a great crowd.
Here’s what’s going on:
- Artist village
- Chili Cook-off
- Festival food
- Free kids’ zone
- Museum tours
Main Street Stage:
- 11 a.m.: Michael Creech, magician
- 11:30 a.m.: Trish Miller, storyteller
- 12 p.m.: Ryan Chriscoe, saxophone
- 1:30 p.m.: Michael Creech, magician
- 2 p.m.: Trish Miller, storyteller
- 2:30 p.m.: McCullers Crossroads Band
Beer Garden Performance Area
- 11 a.m.: Tim Cifers
- 1 p.m.: Crush
11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m.
King BMX Bike Show
11 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m.
Take a leisurely tour of Fuquay-Varina’s historic sites with the Mayor of Fuquay-Varina! Walk starts at the Main Street Tent. 1st 50 walkers get a free t-shirt.
Find local talent all day at the Community Showcase.
- 11 a.m.: Mac Woodard — Country and classic rock
- 12 p.m.: Chris Hagan — With an energetic stage presence, Chris is a seasoned country music performer playing both cover and original music.
- 1 p.m.: Kim and Andy — An engaging duo performing an extensive list of covers spanning a variety of genres including rock, pop and country.
- 2:30 p.m.: The Will McBride Group — Trio playing jazz-influenced rock and pop. Jazzier John Mayer, funkier Steely Dan, edgier Stevie
Wonder, more vocal Santana